Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

1999 Blazer Programming

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2007, 03:28 PM
kaejr is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 1999 Blazer Programming

Sorry about the repost guys but, the other thread was kind of going in a differenct direction from the info that I need....anyways...I bought a keyless entry fob from an ebay dealer for my 1999 Blazer me the web address of a self programming manual.....I called myself following the programming to a t but nothing that the manual says supposed to happen, happens. It states that after you release the unlock button on the driver side door that the doors will then lock and then unlock (this doesn't happen) and it says turn the key to the on position and then the off position.......what does this constitute (off as in taking key out or turning back so that radio comes on).....and how fast should you turn the key in order for the programming process to trigger? The car had a keyless entry system befor ebenn when I got it the remote couldn't be found....is there anyway for me to check to m ake sure that it's the right model remote? any help is greatly appreciated....Thanks

Old 04-27-2007, 04:18 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: 1999 Blazer Programming

So your truck does not have the AU0 RPO code which would tell you that it originally came equiped with remote keyless entry..? If this is true, then you may not have the proper wiring and/or options for the RKE module...

I'm wondering if there isn't something that must be enabled in the BCM/PCM to let it know that the RKE module is there... If there is, this mod just got more expensive. Have you verified that you are getting power to the RKE module?

Old 04-27-2007, 05:02 PM

I'm the most urban computr nerd you'll find and I didn't understand anything that you just typed[:@][:@]........I'm not sure if I even did the process right.....my biggest hurdle was wondering what the off position on the ignition is defined as? and if I turned it back too far would that affect the process?

Old 04-27-2007, 05:04 PM

BTW....it was factory installed...my mom was the original owenr and she bought it off the lot like this

Old 04-27-2007, 05:33 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, I misunderstood. For some reason I thought you had installed an RKE module, not just looking to reprogram a new remote...

The remote reprogramming steps should be posted somewhere around here. By 'OFF', it means to put the key into the 'OFF' position (ie. where you would then be able to remove it). By 'ON', it means to put the key into the 'RUN' position (where it goes to right before you turn a bit further to start).

Where these the instructions you were following: keyless entry fob

Old 04-27-2007, 06:00 PM

yeah those are the instructions that I was following, but like I said before....I was switching it all the way back to the position where the radio stays on.......Does it matter how fast you switch the car on and off?

Old 05-14-2007, 02:18 PM
Beginning Member
paulf707 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there!

I'm a complete Chevy newbie (just bought a '99 Blazer last week) !

It came with one remote key fob (which works fine) - but I wanted a spare (in case I lose/ break mine) - so I ordered one from US ebay (I'm in theUK)

kaejr - the instructions I received with my new fob are the same as you've quoted - and I can't get them to work either. I've got a Blazer handbook, and that quotes slightly different instructions - the locks don't cycle lock/unlock when you've succesfully done the on/off/on/off thing - the Security warning light comes on for 4 seconds (on the dashboard)- which mine does. I got away with moving the key from ACC to ON to ACC to ON to ACC - that seemed to work OK (I think!)

However, when I press the two buttons on my new remote and hold them nothing happens. I've tested it with my old remote, and after about 7 secs I do get a lock/unlock cycle so I assume I'm in the programming mode OK

The ebay seller said as long as the FCC ID on the new remote (which is KOBUT1BT) matched my exsiting remote, it would be OK. The problem is my remote doesn't have a FCC ID priunted on it - only the code GM/UTA 15732810. I've looked up the 15732810 code on the internet and found a couple of sites that quote this part number with an FCC ID of KOBUT1BT so I thought it would be OK. The new fob has a part number of GM/UTA 15732805.

Does anyone know if this new remote should work with my Chevy, or if I've got the wrong one?

Also, on a sort of related note- I also read in the manual about the security overide procedure (using the rear fog light switch to enter the 5 digit security code) - I think I've found the 5 digit code (it's the only 5 digit code on the plate in the glovebox) - but mine has zeros in it - how are these entered? the manual says you press the rear fog light button the number of times for each digit and then wait 2 seconds between each digit. I tried waiting a long time for the 0 (i.e. pressing nothing), and also tried pressing it 10 times for the 0, but neither seemed to work. Anyone know how this works??

Thanks....

Old 07-20-2007, 02:27 AM
Beginning Member
paulf707 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all

Still having problems with this

I managed to get another fob - this time with the identical code number on the back. But I still can't manage to program it.

The manual I got with the Blazer seems to suggest I need to use the 5 digit overide code to reprogram new fobs, but doesn't really tell me how to do this. Also, I'm still not sure what my 5 digit code is.

Can anyone confirm if the 5 digit code can contain zero's?

If not, where is it normally printed on the glovebox?

Alternatively, is there any other way of finding out what my code is (from Chevrolet maybe?)

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Old 07-20-2007, 04:59 PM
Megalodon_Al is an unknown quantity at this point

I also had to get a new keyfob for my '99 Blazer. Only had one when I bought it. I got one off eBay ( you do need to make sure it's the correct remote) and had to re-program it and my old one. The directions posted are correct and I did mine the same way. The one thing it doesn't mention is that you need to turn the ignition on and off rather quickly while you hold the lock button down. My directions also stated that ALL the doors need to be closed while re-programming. Hope this helps!

My remote is a 15732805 as was the original I got with the truck. I noticed that on eBay you can also purchase a remote #15732810 so it is quite possible you have the wrong remote.