Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

2 door speaker Help

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2015, 10:27 AM
altoncustomtech will become famous soon enough

Every speaker manufacturer can do things differently since there's no specified standard. Typically most Pioneer speakers for example have the 3/16" and 1/8" terminals like the ones those adapters have. Apparently your RF's have 1/4" for both terminals. It's no big deal to cut off the smaller terminals and crimp on some the right size. I've even taken a file and whittled down the terminals on the speaker to help them fit too. It all depended on what parts I had on hand and the time I had to get the work done on how it was handled.

It doesn't really matter as long as the final connection is good enough to withstand the rigors of driving around without coming disconnected.

Old 06-04-2015, 08:26 PM
GaBear is on a distinguished road

Sorry it took me so long to get back on here. The stereo swap is done. The rear speakers were not as difficult as I had thought they were. The biggest pain in the butt were the dash speakers. The dash had Plates with tweeters in them. I changed the tweeter out for a 4X6 Co-Axle Speaker. The speakers dropped right in but the holes did not line up with the speakers. I added a small flat washer to help hold it in place. Also when I did a test fit the speaker covers did not lay down flat so I cut the screw extension off flat with the speaker Grill. I used the original screws and they still did not lay totally flat but they were close enough. Everything was going great till I tried to tighten the philipshead screws when Not one but both speaker covers cracked. it does not interfer with the sound quality so I'll wait till I have time to go and grab another set from a junk yard.

Old 06-05-2015, 02:33 PM

Most importantly, how does it sound to you?

Old 06-05-2015, 02:56 PM

It sounds wonderful. Anything would be better than listening to a stereo with one working speaker that is cracked....... As soon as I can save up enough for a sub it will be perfect.

Old 07-05-2015, 03:45 AM

Just a Follow up I now know why the stereo quit working properly. I've had the new stereo in for around a month and its stopped working the other day. According to the user manual I have a short in the speaker system. Since I replaced all the speakers and soldered all the speaker wires evidently The factory wiring has a short. so as soon as I get some days off when its not raining I guess I'll run new wiring to solve the problem.

Old 07-05-2015, 09:50 PM
lazyboyjake is on a distinguished road

Good luck and have fun!

Old 07-06-2015, 07:42 AM

Awww come on Jake. Dont you wanna come give me a hand?????

Anyone know where I can get a splitter for the front door and dash speakers????

Old 07-06-2015, 07:58 AM

Have you tested each speaker individually? A blown voice coil could cause the same issue if it is burnt and shorted.

Otherwise, there's no splitter for something like that. You'll want to connect the speakers in series to protect the internal amplifier if you're going to connect the dash speakers together with the front or rear speakers to get all six working. Another option would be to get a good and small 4 channel amp to run your door speakers and just run the dash speakers off the HU.

Old 07-06-2015, 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by altoncustomtech
Have you tested each speaker individually? A blown voice coil could cause the same issue if it is burnt and shorted.

Otherwise, there's no splitter for something like that. You'll want to connect the speakers in series to protect the internal amplifier if you're going to connect the dash speakers together with the front or rear speakers to get all six working. Another option would be to get a good and small 4 channel amp to run your door speakers and just run the dash speakers off the HU.

Alton No I have not had a chance to test each speaker but I will when I start to rewire the speakers cause I'll Have to unsolder the connectors that I installed so I could use the original wiring instead of rewiring the whole truck.

Wonder if I can use the same kind of splitter that is used on speaker Twitter splits????

Old 07-06-2015, 08:35 PM
lazyboyjake is on a distinguished road

Haha I would gladly help if my schedule wasn't full already.

Quick Reply: 2 door speaker Help