Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

2003 Blazer Delco rds radio aux addapters

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2007, 06:41 PM
Beginning Member
Thebobo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 2003 Blazer Delco rds radio aux addapters

Howdy all

Been lurking here for a while and was hoping to get some advice on what auxiliary input adapter will work with my stock Delco unit if any. Was getting some conflicting info on the PIE units.
2003 blazer
Radio CD player w/RDS
Has CD/aux button
No "band" button.
Bellow is a picture of the radio if it helps

Thanks

Old 06-17-2007, 08:20 PM
Administrator
hillbillyinOhio has disabled reputation
Default RE: 2003 Blazer Delco rds radio aux addapters

honestly, you would need to pull out the factory radio to look at the plugs available. im thinking its only a cd changer connection though.

Old 06-18-2007, 03:42 PM
Beginning Member

Thanks for the quick reply
Pulled the unit out, looks like a 24 pin ? and a unused 12 pin? Took some pics again probably be more helpful

Old 06-18-2007, 06:24 PM
Administrator
hillbillyinOhio has disabled reputation

that aux button was probably for a cd changer option. no plugs that will be useful for ya though.

Old 06-19-2007, 07:48 PM
Blindthieves is an unknown quantity at this point

There are companies that make converters to turn that 9 or 12 pin unsued connection into RCA inputs. On my 2000 blazer zr2 with the bose system I have an aux button underneath my cd button, this aux button is for either a factory 6 disc or a factory cassette tape. The back of my factory radio has a 9 pin connection where either would plug in. However since I have neither I planned on buying this convertor and hooking my XM radio up with RCA's instead of going through the FM radio but I never did.

Anyways a found several places selling them for about 60 bucks. I'll see if I can find them again and post them.

Old 06-19-2007, 08:01 PM

try these guys, I think this is something that might work.

http://www.oemautosound.com/pc-296-8...y-adaptor.aspx

and then get this for your ipod. I thought i found one company offering a direct connection to the radio but cant remember now.

http://www.oemautosound.com/pc-353-8...ing-cable.aspx

Old 06-19-2007, 08:05 PM

ah ha this is more of what i was thinking for connecting an ipod to an oem deck. kinda pricey though...
anyways check it out.
http://www.oemautosound.com/pc-239-1...e-pa11-gm.aspx

Old 06-20-2007, 03:14 PM
Beginning Member

Yea Blind that’s the adapter I have been looking at. I have read else where that that unit will not work on the 2003-2005 delco CD/radios unless they have the "Band" button, i.e. sat radio ready. I would like to keep the stock look and avoid the trash-my-dash-and steal-me-look with a new head end unit. Also the eyes aint what they use to be along with my large hands the single din units just don’t fit what I am looking for. The Pioneer 1.5 DIN unit looks nice and simple but no MP3 play back built in and still need a $30+ adapter to use the aux input.

I don’t have an Ipod just a Zen Sleek Photo 20 gig HD that I intent to mount in the fold up ash tray to avoid prying eyes. Turns out if you remove the liner there is plenty of room and power right there.

I know the 12 pin connector on the stock unit has to have an audio in that is turned on or controlled with some sort of serial interface with a CD changer if so equipped. Also am looking for any technical specifications, diagrams for the interface as I wouldn’t be beyond making one. Or at least trying

Anyway I sent a email to PIE tech support with all my info and see what they say.

Old 06-28-2007, 06:49 AM
Beginning Member

Just an update on my quest. It might save someone else some time in the future.

Contacted several manufactures, all but PIE saying we don’t offer a solution for your vehicle. PIE said the AuX 12 Version 2 “should” work. So after scouring the web for a vendor that has a reasonable return policy I ordered a unit form;

http://www.jpcustoms.com/store/custo...306&page=1

In the interim I purchased a DLO Micro dock transmitter.

http://www.jr.com/JRProductPage.process?Product=4143215

Yes it’s a FM modulator but it also has an audio out and in plugs (for future hacking projects) and charges the player and takes the audio out from the base (USB) not the ear plug. The MP3 player I have, the Zen sleek photo does not have a lot of third party accessories, in fact the DLO I have is made for the Zen vision M, but it does indeed work and works well for a modulator. The DLO unit has a very strong FM signal and I have no problems using it driving around Washington DC. Hope the FCC doesn’t fine for operating a station. Any way I opened up the unit and was amazed at the amount of components stuffed into this little box.

So now I wait for the for my PIE GM 12 AuX v2. In the meantime I am working on the ashtray stowaway mod for the DLO/Player.

Old 07-16-2007, 04:39 PM
Beginning Member

As anticipated the PIE unit did not work.

Anyone know if the 2003-2005 blazer had the option for a factory CD changer? I’m wondering if the radio, assuming the changer option did exist the aux inputs wouldneed to be programmed to be enabled if indeed there was such an option. Currently dealing with the dealers around here is frustrating at best as it seems they have a roaming tech who handles the delco radio programming for all the dealerships and he is never to be found.

I am still perusing this but in the meantime I am stuck with FM modulation. Below is my little tuck-away MP3 player FM modulator storage unit. Had to cut away a little of the up-side of the ashtray for the unit to fold all the way up.

Quick Reply: 2003 Blazer Delco rds radio aux addapters