Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

6.5" in Door Panel 1st Gen S10 BLAZER

Old 11-01-2013, 03:14 AM
Beginning Member
jvde is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Blazin_Jason
dope! those are real clean. so did you cut the door panel? looked at it real quick today seems like molded together.. also - what type of paint did you use? and did it hold up... im always trying to get as close to stock look as possible

Old 11-01-2013, 08:40 AM
dirt101 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Blazin_Jason
very very clean.

Old 11-01-2013, 11:42 AM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by jvde
dope! those are real clean. so did you cut the door panel? looked at it real quick today seems like molded together.. also - what type of paint did you use? and did it hold up... im always trying to get as close to stock look as possible
to do that style, you dont have to cut the door panel, when the panel is off, look at the back, there are little plastic "melted" tabs that hold that bottom section on (with the little cubby) grind those off or cut them and that piece comes off.

Old 11-01-2013, 07:55 PM
Blazin_Jason will become famous soon enough

^ Yes. Then I used hard board for the lower section. Made some mdf rings to mount the speakers, and fiber glassed that pod area. Then wrapped it in tweed along with the upper section. I used t-nuts in the wood and machine screws from the backside of the panel to mount them. The paint I used was just a plasti-kote vinyl spray bomb, that actually holds up extremely well. Never had a peeling or scratching issue. I had to swap those panels over to the g/fs blazer cause she wanted a better stereo.

Old 11-02-2013, 05:20 AM
Beginning Member

Blazin_Jason wins this thread

thanks, guess that's what i'm going to attempt - perhaps ill throw up some photos of the process...

one other detail if you dont mind - what was your wiring setup/amp situation

Old 11-02-2013, 01:25 PM
Blazin_Jason will become famous soon enough

That was my first attempt at f/g, and was just going for something simple and easy. I was happy with how it turned out. It's not too hard as long as you think ahead and take your time.

The PG rsd's are ran off a sundown 100.2 which is connected with 16 gauge knukonceptz. If the blue jimmy I had the crossovers in the rear by the amps, and a run for each mid and tweet from there. In the g/fs blazer the 16 gauge runs to the dash area and the crossovers are hidden under there, then wired to the comps. I have a 100.4 that I plan to run 2 sets of comps next. So new panels will be built similar with slight changes.

Old 11-02-2013, 03:50 PM
Beginning Member

hmm interesting thanks..

here's pic of my rear speakers - picked up some of these shallow mount 6x9 components used Eclipse SC6900 6x9 2-way Component Speakers - Sonic Electronix

ditched the ashtrays and made simple tweeter plate with pine - thought it worked out well, the speakers pound actually.. my work truck so don't care too much about it looking perfect .. think might be sideways whatever

Attached Thumbnails 6.5" in Door Panel 1st Gen S10 BLAZER-yjusvyj.jpg  
Old 11-02-2013, 03:54 PM
Beginning Member

and update on the home depot Useal (dynamat alternative) thought was going well, until today it all fell off my roof - i even used that aluminum tape that sticks to everything.. hmm.. still worked pretty good behind the interior plastic

Old 11-03-2013, 08:37 AM
altoncustomtech will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by jvde
and update on the home depot Useal (dynamat alternative) thought was going well, until today it all fell off my roof - i even used that aluminum tape that sticks to everything.. hmm.. still worked pretty good behind the interior plastic
One of the classic reasons why people should use the stuff intended for the car environment. RAAMAudio's RAAMmat BXT isn't all that expensive and is a pretty good product. It's made from real Butyl rubber so it doesn't have that damned asphalt smell to it either. I would suggest a couple of other brands if you weren't trying to do it as cheap as possible, but on a budget the RAAMmat does very well. I have a ton of it in my van and have it in the Jimmy from behind the doors and back to the rear gate.

Old 11-05-2013, 04:56 PM
Starting Member
Skitzoape is on a distinguished road

blazin_jason i will pay to make me a set of those lol

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 6.5" in Door Panel 1st Gen S10 BLAZER