Go Back   Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums > Modifications > Audio/Video Electronics
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to Blazer Forum!
Welcome to Blazer Forum,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to start new topics, reply to conversations, privately message other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Blazer Forum today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-11-2011, 08:27 AM
Starting Member

Debonair is on a distinguished road

interesting mod. i've seen the aux input before, similar to the bose corvette one. a lot of people have done it with the older camaros, i'll have to check and see if the guy still does them.

and mr vis. you and i are in a similar boat, i want aftermarket radio perks but want to retain my steering wheel controls. i have found a harness that would allow you to do so if you switch to an aftermarket head unit.

**also a while ago i was looking into radio alternatives. i came across a device that looks like a tape, but you slide an SD card in it with music, pop the tape in, and it plays. i'm not too sure of the sound quality though
Old 01-11-2011, 04:32 PM
BF Guru
1990 Chevrolet Suburban

old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

the biggest issue i have with swapping out the factory head unit is in losing the SCV option.

i just want to be able to have a couple of RCA's out the back for an amp (or two), be able to plug in a disc changer (anyone have a working factory one? ) and not have to turn up the volume when getting on the highway. or turning it back down when i get off for that matter.

'84 T10 Blazer w/8" of lift (sold)
'90 GMC Suburban SLE, a Canadian rust bucket (R.I.P.)
'90 Chevy Suburban Silverado, 6.2 diesel, a Southern Belle
'92 T15 Jimmy SLT, 4dr, 1 of only 2 factory 5spds. in Canada, and stupid fast (R.I.P.)
'95 Buick Regal LS, 290K, still going strong
'98 T10 Blazer LT, 4dr The Incredible Hulk
Old 01-11-2011, 05:13 PM
BF Veteran
1999 Chevrolet Blazer

warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough
the arch

Quote:
Originally Posted by old skool luvr View Post
...............and not have to turn up the volume when getting on the highway. or turning it back down when i get off for that matter.
exactly why i made mine work.

if it werent so cold i would look into this.
the mod i did "fed" the input from the cassette with new source ...so i would think that anything could be wired in like that. using the existing harness. technically i can still play normal cassettes its kind of a piggy back thing. as far as amp..that would be good idea.

edit: found this

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_142SLC4...4.html?tp=2001

rca for stock headunits.

BUILD: OPERATION WARTHOG
XBOXLIVE TAG ALBUM PHOTOBUCKET

Last edited by warthogdriver; 01-11-2011 at 06:41 PM.
Old 01-11-2011, 11:52 PM
BF Guru
1990 Chevrolet Suburban

old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by warthogdriver View Post
edit: found this

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_142SLC4...4.html?tp=2001

rca for stock headunits.
yeah, i've seen those converters before @ my local BestBuy & Future Shop's.

doubt i'll ever get rid of the Blazer (like i ever "sell" any of my vehicles!) but i'd like to NOT hack the factory wiring. i'd probably use the wiring tails from one of the parts truck(s) and wire it like that.

i was planing on digging into playing with the factory AUX input on mine (currently console TD) in the spring, 'cause i'd rather have a shuttle stashed away somewhere in the back.

plus it gives me more room for another mod i have in the works.
'84 T10 Blazer w/8" of lift (sold)
'90 GMC Suburban SLE, a Canadian rust bucket (R.I.P.)
'90 Chevy Suburban Silverado, 6.2 diesel, a Southern Belle
'92 T15 Jimmy SLT, 4dr, 1 of only 2 factory 5spds. in Canada, and stupid fast (R.I.P.)
'95 Buick Regal LS, 290K, still going strong
'98 T10 Blazer LT, 4dr The Incredible Hulk
Old 01-19-2011, 10:02 AM
Starting Member

Davmanfie33 is on a distinguished road

A free to play gaming web site which has a focus on web motor games. Thrash a good number of different vehicles including off-road dirt racing devils, on-road grand prix style racers & even tricked out stunt style cars. Car Games
Old 02-19-2011, 12:40 AM

prhammer is on a distinguished road

I just completed this modification on my 2000 Blazer. Thanks for the great instructions! Works like a charm. I had thought that I might be able to use an actual cassette tape with the tape taken out - but I had the same problem that an earlier poster did. The player would play for a few seconds, reverse directions and then eject. When I used the cd adapter (I had to leave the "guts" in it), then it played like a champ. If someone can figure out which wire we need to ground so that a tape doesn't have to be in the player that would be great. Until then - I'm happy that I can use my Ipod - and it sounds much better than when I was actually using the cassette adapter. (And it's a lot cheaper than all those other options!)
Old 02-19-2011, 12:54 PM
BF Veteran
1999 Chevrolet Blazer

warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough
the arch

glad to help

Old 05-29-2011, 08:15 PM
2000 Chevrolet Blazer

TheRandom1 has a spectacular aura aboutTheRandom1 has a spectacular aura about
TheRandom1
Send a message via AIM to TheRandom1 Send a message via MSN to TheRandom1 Send a message via Yahoo to TheRandom1

This sounds like a great mod... but reading through it, it sounds like I'd need a working tape deck to do am I right?

If so, it seems like this is a no go on this one for me.
Old 05-29-2011, 08:35 PM
BF Veteran
1999 Chevrolet Blazer

the arch

what is not working on the tape deck?
it may still work.

Old 05-29-2011, 08:39 PM
2000 Chevrolet Blazer

TheRandom1 has a spectacular aura aboutTheRandom1 has a spectacular aura about
TheRandom1
Send a message via AIM to TheRandom1 Send a message via MSN to TheRandom1 Send a message via Yahoo to TheRandom1

Not entirely sure what's up with it except that when I pop a tape in it, nothing happens. I shoved the tape all the way in and it just popped back out when I moved my finger. Almost like it has no power to it.
Old 05-29-2011, 08:39 PM

Tags
1998, 2001, 98, aux, blazer, chevy, connect, deck, gm, ipod, mod, remove, stock, tape, wiring