Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Bad Speaker Buzz!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2011, 02:08 PM
Mange98 is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Bad Speaker Buzz!!

Ok, so i pulled my fried tweeters out of my dash and put in pioneer 3-ways in place of them. they sound great, until i get between mid-high volume and they just start buzzing/scratching so bad it's insane. Idk what the problem is, and idk really where to start. I have JVC hu, Polks in the doors, Kicker amp, and Mtx subs too if that helps out with anything. All comments appreciated!!

Old 07-15-2011, 11:31 AM
Starting Member
NT_Hardcore is on a distinguished road

is the tweeter on a cross over or have a cap on it? if not you might be trying to play to low of a freq thru it. and that could be why u fried the last one....

Old 07-16-2011, 12:13 AM

Kind of a noob to stereo stuff so idk what a "cap" or crossover are, but I don't think so. So you're saying turn up my frequencies all the way up on the treb mid and bass? Thanks for the help man.

Old 07-16-2011, 12:31 PM
Starting Member

nnooooo dont do that.

Old 07-16-2011, 11:31 PM

I don't need sound proofing. It's like the actual speakers or scratchy at higher volume. Idk what exactly is causing it, but it seems to be bass that makes it start scratching.

Old 07-17-2011, 07:47 PM
Starting Member

you need a cross over or capacitor (sp?) to block the lower freq's. from going to the tweeter. the "bass" needs to be "filtered" from the tweets. are they on an amp or ran off the headunit?

Old 07-17-2011, 07:51 PM
Starting Member

the tweeter is made to play from like 2k hz and up. your trying to play like 80hz thru it and your blowing them. the crossover or cap (you can use either one) will block different frequencies from going to the tweeter. if you look into higher end component set ups they come with a mid range speaker and a tweeter, that are ran off of a crossover that sends the proper freq. to the correct speaker. even like 3-way coaxial speakers use cap's to seperate what freq's go to what speakers........

Old 07-18-2011, 03:14 PM

If i'm understanding what you're saying, then my 3-ways that are in there should already have a cap in there right? So which one would you recommend more? A crossover or capacitor?

Old 07-18-2011, 04:18 PM
Starting Member

idk i like useing cap's but i guess the correct crossovers would do the same thing. the cap is probably more versitile as you can buy the freq's you want but im not sure how many options your going to find configuration wise with a crossover. caps combind with the right amp/headunit tuning will sound great.

Old 07-18-2011, 04:20 PM
Starting Member

and your 3 ways are prob cap'd but not in a very well way. the tweeter wont play 60hz but you could do a more effective job

Quick Reply: Bad Speaker Buzz!!