Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Bluetooth head unit advice

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2015, 08:39 PM
Beginning Member
hylander6361 is on a distinguished road
Default Bluetooth head unit advice

Ok guys,

I want to get a blue tooth head unit. I was wondering if you guys had any suggestions of brands or models that worked good or bad. Also it's in a 1998 blazer, is that considered single din or din and a half? Do I need an adapter to make a single din fit? And where do I get that? Also do I need a harness adapter?

Thanks,

Cody

Old 12-27-2015, 10:00 PM
Starting Member
tenorsaxdude is on a distinguished road

Ok, I'll try to answer your questions.

The 1998 blazer should have the 1.5 din unit in it. Finding an after market unit in 1.5 din is next to impossible. So you either have to do a single din with a space filler or do the double din conversion. There are endless options in the single din option, so figure out what options you want and use that to narrow down your options. If you go the double din option, this opens you up to having a touch screen installed which can include on screen dialing and GPS too

Yes you will need an adapter to make a single din fit unless you want an air gap between your head unit and bezel

You can get those anywhere that sells the head units, some actually come with it if bought online and you select your vehicle

As for the harness this is personal choice. Depending on the unit, some have adapters for the unit to your car, where as others give you the wire ends which you then have to color match with the wires in your car.

I hope this helps.

Old 01-01-2016, 01:29 AM
Willzo is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by hylander6361
Ok guys,

I want to get a blue tooth head unit. I was wondering if you guys had any suggestions of brands or models that worked good or bad. Also it's in a 1998 blazer, is that considered single din or din and a half? Do I need an adapter to make a single din fit? And where do I get that? Also do I need a harness adapter?

Thanks,

Cody
Depends what do you want and how much can you spend.
I like pioneer, they have both single and double din. Most come with Bluetooth now of days.
Do you want touch screen, Bluetooth, Apps, Maps, videos/movie? Then go with Double Din.
If you only want Bluetooth and nothing else then single din would be good for you.
A harness adapter made things neat and easier, i got mine at wal-mart. was cheap and got the job done. They also have Din adapters as well.