Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Buying new speakers

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2007, 03:46 PM
Mule is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Buying new speakers

Alright, I'm finally replacing my crap stock speakers and it's been so long since I've bought speakers, I don't know the best bang for the buck anymore. While I want to say quality before cost, my pocket says cost before quality.What are some good middle-ground speakers that won't kill my pocketbook?

I've looked at Alpine'sin the past and liked those. As far as sound quality, I like a good mix of bass & treble. Anything will have more bass than my factory's.

Old 04-04-2007, 03:51 PM
Lee
Lee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Buying new speakers

I just put some Alpine's in mine and they sound great. I've got Alpine's in the back, and RF's in the front. Works for me.

Old 04-04-2007, 03:53 PM

What type Alpine's do you have?

I can't remember what type I was looking at, there's R's S's and something else I think.

Old 04-04-2007, 04:25 PM
BF Veteran
jagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant future

whats ur budget?? you can pick up a set of JL TR's for around 200. i have those in my rear doors with the XR's in the front and i love them. Clarity is awsome

Old 04-04-2007, 05:01 PM
Blazer Forum 2009 Ride of the Year Winner
nj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura aboutnj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura about

I have Sony Xplode 3-way speakers in my truck. But if you are looking for bass you might wanna look at some Mid-Bass Component set.

Old 04-04-2007, 05:45 PM
Starting Member
mudsliner is an unknown quantity at this point

i had sony x-plod and just blew them this morning. so am im also lookin for some news and want so with a good bass sound to them and that can handle being played loud alot

Old 04-04-2007, 06:13 PM
nai0013 is an unknown quantity at this point

I used to run the JL's but I like focal or maybe even rainbow or diamond or mb quart. My cousin has a low end set of kicker components they are pretty "lively". Whats your price range? Get a sub is you want bass...

Old 04-04-2007, 06:32 PM
Starting Member
mudsliner is an unknown quantity at this point

im workin on gettin a set of subs but i need speakers now. so i want some that would hold up to a lot of bass till i get my subs

Old 04-04-2007, 07:06 PM
BF Veteran
jagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant future

rainbows and focals are very nice choices

Old 04-04-2007, 09:41 PM

My budget is about $200 to $275 max for four speakers probably. I know that whatever I end up getting I'm gonna be playing them loud so they're gonna have to last.

Quick Reply: Buying new speakers