Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Class "X" amp?

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2010, 09:12 PM
ImScrewed92 is an unknown quantity at this point

Sure comp guys run at high voltage like that, but how many of them are clamoring for a 1200 watt amp? Most run multiple 3-5K amps, so having even more 1.2K amps seems odd. Agree on the ratings also, a good company will list 12volt and 14volt capabilities.

My amps power rating has two seperate listings for two diffrent voltages. One done on 12.5 volts, and one done on 14.4 volts. That's how it should be, IMO.

MTop, I never said you had a "fetish", at least not in the car audio department, . Everyone has thier brand they like, and JL is your brand. Your not an obnoxius fanboy like alot of people in car audio nowadays, that's why I respect you so much.

Honestly I can't blame ya, cause I have yet to hear bad about JL. Besides the whole "they arn't worth the money" which is a individual preference that could be applied to alot of companies. Those people don't understand that just cause they can't afford it doesn't mean it's a overpriced item.

I can't afford two Lanzar opti2000d's and four opti1532d 15's, but that doesn't mean it's not worth the price. Although I everytime I think about a set-up like that.
:looks around for things to pawn:....