Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

In Dash DVD/Custom speaker install!

Old 11-30-2006, 09:19 PM
rabbit0102030 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default In Dash DVD/Custom speaker install!

I've been working some OT, cause I wanted extra cash to put into my blazer. The hard work has finally paid off. Last weekend I put in some new 6 1/2" speakers in the doors. I liked the look of the speakers and the grill. So after some measuring and thinking I cut out the factory speaker grills. The speakers and the grills fit perfectly in the hole I cut out, I love the way it looks. I painted the grill up with a little model car airbrush and some left over jade green metallic paint that my brother had at his shop. Next, I put in my favorite new toy. I got a 7" touch screen DVD/CD/FM combo. It's awesome! It has an iPlug attatchment for my iPod which is really cool cause you can control the iPod on the screen! It has hookups for a backup camera, navigation system, extra screens, and XM radio. I absolutely love this thing! Check it all out in my gallery!

https://blazerforum.com/upfiles/3828...x188368272.jpg
https://blazerforum.com/upfiles/3828...b884897131.jpg

Old 11-30-2006, 09:22 PM
BF Veteran
XBlazer01 has a spectacular aura aboutXBlazer01 has a spectacular aura about
Default RE: In Dash DVD/Custom speaker install!

Sounds good bro

Post up some pics!

Old 12-01-2006, 12:15 AM
Administrator
hillbillyinOhio has disabled reputation

looks great man. for all those that rag on dual, that thing is a pretty good buy. just not sure bout the durability of it.

Old 12-01-2006, 12:23 AM
chevblazer02 is an unknown quantity at this point

Let us know how that in dash screen works out....I've been trying to figure out how durablw Dual is...my buddy has a Dual in dash screen that he got at Wal mart for 388 and its holding up great ....no issues...

Old 12-01-2006, 02:00 AM
BF Veteran
jagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant future

looks good man!

Old 12-01-2006, 07:16 AM
mikeywaynebygod is an unknown quantity at this point

looks good bro, and you have a sharp *** blaze. should be lower tho

Old 12-01-2006, 10:23 AM
boomtruck97 is an unknown quantity at this point

that DUAL will take a lot of abuse. my friend has two Treo SSX 5000 watt 18's in his explorer, and a PA 3000 rms amp on each - the screen works fine without skipping or anything - and he just ripped his roof open.

Old 12-01-2006, 10:19 PM

Guys, I totally sand by dual's products! They are surprisingly durable! I have had alot of their products including speakers, and for the small price they have a very high durability. I reccomend them if you are on a budget and want something that not only will last a long time, but looks pretty darn good too.

Old 12-02-2006, 08:23 AM
kakn is an unknown quantity at this point

dual is owned by the cumpany namsung and is a dependable product to a point. alot of the dual items are cheaply made thus some neg. reputation. the dual brand in dash dvd players major flaw is the plastic gearing. unlike pioneer or alpine that use metal cogs. ive sold dual brand items at best buy for about 3 years now. usually if it works right out of the box your good to go for about a year or two. half the ones sold at wor usually dont work right out of the box.

Old 12-04-2006, 10:57 AM

Well, you are entitled to your opinion, but I have to disagree. I have never had any trouble with their products myself. I had dual 6x9's and 6 1/2's in my old school blazer for three years. I had them on a 4 channel 500 watt amp and never had a bit of trouble with them. The amp was also a dual brand. The four speakers, amp, and wiring only cost me $220, and I got three years use (probably more, considering I sold it after three years) out of them. So I believe in their products. Hey like I said you are entitled to your own opinion, I just don't agree with it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: In Dash DVD/Custom speaker install!