Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

factory radio/cd player 2005 blazer

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2016, 08:22 PM
punka088 is on a distinguished road
Default factory radio/cd player 2005 blazer

Hi, Just curious if any other out there have any issues with the cd player, mine just recently began to fail to eject the cd, or play the one stuck in it

Ive found a way to get it out using a 3 inch scraper with sticky tape wrapped around it and slideing it inside the slot, then fish around, and the sticky tape then drags out the cd, works pretty good.

problem is the a new cd will not load, just clicks for a while then sends a error code, If if i push it into slot with help of something thin to help move it further the cd then loads up and plays just fine, then again will not eject.

Suspect the player has some loading drive problem, Anyone else have a remedy or story on this, Thinking of pulling it out and dismantle and Mcgiver it as really would like to keep it original, Any repair shops doing this? or suggestions for a compatible replacement, Thanks Andy

Old 08-01-2016, 02:04 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

why not install an after market cd player.

Old 02-03-2022, 05:57 AM
Beginning Member
CRANNMAN will become famous soon enough
Default Cd stuck and won’t eject

Just seeing this from a search for the same problem. Would like to keep original radio as well. I slipped a credit card in the top part of the CD slot and moved it around and the CD same out. I tried that trick again but it hasn’t worked since. I may try to remove the radio and see if there is anything I can clean and if possibly to fix.
if anything maybe I can get my Led Zeppelin II back but at least it still plays and still one of my favorites!

Old 06-24-2022, 05:17 PM
Beginning Member
mrmarkuSS is on a distinguished road

The stock CD players tend to crap out. Might as well just scour ebay for used ones,unless you have $$ to burn,there are new ones available for $200 and up.