Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Few questions about hids

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 11:38 PM
Beginning Member
ChevyRacing88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Few questions about hids

So im debating between HIDs and Silverstars. Ive heard nuttin but cons about Silverstars. I dont know why tho. I dont want projectors and was wonderin if i can use HID's in the stock housings? Also how hard is it to install them? i saw one of the How-Tos on here and it looks alitlte teadious. Im not much in electrical stuff, i tend to screw it up lol espically if i dont kno what im doing. lol

Old 02-27-2008, 12:06 AM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future
Default RE: Few questions about hids

i have HIDs in the stock housings and have had no problems at all. Brent nailed it on the head with his How-To. step by step instructions with good pics too. it really isnt as hard as it might seem.

i would definately say go with HID over the silverstar. they are SOOO much brighter, if you could see them in real life, it wouldnt be a very hard decision.

halogen lights: wiring from headlight switch -> bulbs
HID: wiring from headlight switch -> ballasts -> bulbs.

Old 02-27-2008, 03:01 PM
neo71665 will become famous soon enoughneo71665 will become famous soon enough
Default RE: Few questions about hids

I have silverstars in my first gen and even with them hooked up to my wig-wag flashers they have lasted a bit over a year now.