Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

fire wall Question

Old 01-01-2005, 12:49 PM
02 Vortech is an unknown quantity at this point
Default fire wall Question

hey i have an 02 blazer, and im installing my sound system right now- but the amp power cable has to be run from the battery to the amp all the way in the back. Catch is that I have looked for about 1/2 hour and i cant find a suitable hole. So do i have to drill a hole in the firewall or what? please gimmi some help-

System consists of- Xplode 6" door speakers, Pioneer 6x9's, Kenwood head unit, dual 10" Orion subs, and sony Xplode 750 watt amp, with all rockford fosgate wires.

Old 01-01-2005, 01:07 PM
Retired Admin
zero psi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: fire wall Question

find where the main harness goes through the firewall. see if there is enough rubber grommet surrounding the harness and carefully drill a hole to the side of the harness through the rubber grommet just big enough to squeeze the wire through. if not, then you may have to drill a new hole. make sure you use a grommet if you do end up drilling

Old 01-01-2005, 10:04 PM
01xtreme is an unknown quantity at this point

There is a grommet on the passenger side at the edge of the carpet. You'll see a black wire sticking out. Drill a hole the size of your power wire and feed it through. I had a friend help me install mine, he fed the wire through and I was underneath the blazer. It is a tight squeeze but you'll see the wire poke through. I took the wire and pulled it all the way down to the floor, then took a metal clothes hanger and made a long hook went through the engine bay, wrapped the power wire around the hanger and pulled it up. I used wire loom to help protect the wire too (it came with the kit). I just took the fuse and zip tied it to some wires next to the battery underneath the lip where the hood meets the fender. I then ran the remote and power wire on the passenger side and the rca's on the driver's side. From the stereo I ran them out where the parking brake is at, tucked them in the kick panel and so on. Lengthy, but I hope I helped.

Old 01-15-2005, 06:33 PM
hyperlite_rider is an unknown quantity at this point

I didn't drill any holes in the firewall for mine. I ran the wire from the battery up into the upper left corner of the engine bay, where it drops down inside the fender. If you look under the car, you'll see that there is a hole to go up into the door rail, and I ran my wire through there. I drilled a hole in the door rail and pulled the wire through it, and then ran the wire all the way to the back, and it is all under the trim and/or carpet, so it is completely hidden. It took me a whole day to figure out how to do this, but I had to because my dad wouldn't let me drill a hole in the firewall. Sorry if my description was confusing but it's kinda hard to explain.