Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

front door speaker help

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2009, 02:27 PM
Beginning Member
robjamber is an unknown quantity at this point
Default front door speaker help

ok so i took the door panel off to replace a busted mirror that someone clipped off driving by... now with the excellent luck i have, i punctured a hole in the door speaker with the door panel clip...it was a pioneer 6.5 2way... im looking into a pair of kicker ssmb6 6.5 mid bassy type woofers? good idea? or will they rattle the hell outta my doors? i already have 4.5 2ways in the dash. i have no amp or special door linings to dampen vibration nor do i intend to add those things... maybe i should just stick with the 2way 6.5? please help...

Old 01-02-2009, 09:55 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future
Default RE: front door speaker help

Does the punctured speaker still work? I've never done that to a speaker but unless you damaged the voice coil, the cone itself should still move and produce sound.

I looked up the specs on the SSMB6. It should be better at producing lower freq's than the Pioneer's you have but without an amp I doubt you'll get the full effect of those woofers.

Old 01-02-2009, 10:01 PM
Beginning Member
Cyron is an unknown quantity at this point

speakers will always sound better when you put proper power to them, like a 4 ch amp. decks have a harder time actually being able to drive a larger speaker, like a mid bass or sub. the power they actually put out is around 10-15 RMS, which is not really a lot when you think about it. for tweeters its ok, but the larger the driver the more power you need to move it. hope that helps lol, i think putting mid drivers into the doors has the potential to sound good, but without an aftermarket amp, will your deck be good enough? not sure.

Old 01-03-2009, 10:05 AM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point

i have my pioneer h.u running a pair of JL comps and it sounds ok.....dont expect bass out of a h.u.........amping will be a night and day difference....

Old 01-03-2009, 09:09 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

ORIGINAL: blazinloud
....amping will be a night and day difference....
x2

Old 01-04-2009, 10:24 PM
Beginning Member
robjamber is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks...