Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Help me pliss

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2013, 09:21 PM
Beginning Member
Palomartony is on a distinguished road
Default Help me pliss

Im trying to buy a car system.. So I have t 4 speakers 2 jl audio 60w power handliling.. And I have 4 kenwood 35w . Im trying to buying a 4 channel amp to pick up my speakers voice but I dont know how many waats or should I buy one with more channels?.. I also have 2 12 puoneer 400 w each .. Im trying to buy and amp to oick them up how many watts should I buy and what brand?.. I have a kenwoood kac.7285 I dont know what kind of amp it is help me .. I like to buy some hifonics amps

Old 11-29-2013, 09:23 PM
Dark Rider is on a distinguished road

Hey man... I'm sorry, but I have no idea what your saying... Clean up your post and you may get more input.

You generally don't amplify basic speakers (though you can). If you have two 12" Pioneer subwoofers (I'm assuming that's what you meant) that are 400w each then you will need a 800w amp with two channels (each channel output would then be 400w). As for your amp, Google it...

Old 11-30-2013, 09:38 AM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Dark Rider
Hey man... I'm sorry, but I have no idea what your saying... Clean up your post and you may get more input.

You generally don't amplify basic speakers (though you can). If you have two 12" Pioneer subwoofers (I'm assuming that's what you meant) that are 400w each then you will need a 800w amp with two channels (each channel output would then be 400w). As for your amp, Google it...
400w rms or 400w max... that is the question.

I personally would get a 800w mono amp over a 2 channel.

Old 11-30-2013, 02:18 PM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

^This is a big question.

Also, I wouldn't worry about amping your JLs and kenwoods. Yes, it can make it louder and sound better, but I wouldn't think it would be worth all the extra effort for 30w more.

And you say you have 8 speakers and 2 subwoofers? Where did you put them all? With 8, you need to be careful about impedance and how you wire it all up, or you could have issues.