Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Audio suggestions please

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2009, 04:51 PM
Beginning Member
sprindl is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Audio suggestions please

I have a 2000 with the factory enhanced shound system. That includes cd/tuner, dash speakers, doors front and rear and the separate cassette deck in the center console.
Is there an applicaton or deck I can replace the fading system with that will incorporate the cassette? Or is that piece going to be a throw-away?

-sp

Old 07-30-2009, 03:45 PM
brian400ex is on a distinguished road

whats a cassette?

Old 07-30-2009, 05:45 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by brian400ex
whats a cassette?
My thoughts exactly.

They don't make head units with Casettes anymore that I know of... What I'd suggest is buying a head unit with an aux input, then you can just plug your casette walkman thingy in through the head-phone jack.

At the same time I'd suggest getting a nice sub, nothing too ridiculous and get most of your bass working through that. With the Bose speakers (I'm assuming factory enhanced sound system means BOSE) and that sub, it'll sound great... you'll have to hang a bucket around your neck for when your face melts lol.

Old 07-31-2009, 03:03 PM
Beginning Member
Jaxxon is on a distinguished road

What do you mean whats a cassette? (EEK! I'm old) Now ask what an 8-track is?

I can not think of any new head units that have a cassette deck in them so what Oktain suggested seems like the best answer, or just convert all your cassette tapes to CD. I did a few years ago, took time but was well worth it.

Old 08-01-2009, 10:47 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Jaxxon
What do you mean whats a cassette? (EEK! I'm old) Now ask what an 8-track is?

I can not think of any new head units that have a cassette deck in them so what Oktain suggested seems like the best answer, or just convert all your cassette tapes to CD. I did a few years ago, took time but was well worth it.
*first post*

I was born in 88 and I have a Record player that plays 78', 33', and 45'... and 8track player as well....

I am currently looking into buying a 98 blazer... first Audio mods on the list include... placing my setup into it

smaller amp with a mtx road box with 3 10 inch subs and then some nice mid ranges in the doors, as well as a newer head unit with nothing fancier than cd player and aux input as my ipod has anything worth listening to on it

Old 08-01-2009, 11:41 PM
Starting Member
FlatTopFoley has a little shameless behavior in the past

Originally Posted by oktain
My thoughts exactly.

They don't make head units with Casettes anymore that I know of... What I'd suggest is buying a head unit with an aux input, then you can just plug your casette walkman thingy in through the head-phone jack.

At the same time I'd suggest getting a nice sub, nothing too ridiculous and get most of your bass working through that. With the Bose speakers (I'm assuming factory enhanced sound system means BOSE) and that sub, it'll sound great... you'll have to hang a bucket around your neck for when your face melts lol.
actually, they still do

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_070XC4100/Dual-XC4100.html

leave it to Dual

Old 08-05-2009, 02:22 PM
Beginning Member
Jaxxon is on a distinguished road

WOW...all I can say is WOW, a new cassette deck.

Old 08-05-2009, 03:48 PM
Unlimitedsp is on a distinguished road

I know theres a company that makes a cd/cassette combo. I believe its din and a half tho. Maybe its JVC but im not sure.

Old 07-01-2011, 02:46 PM
ud0delig is on a distinguished road
Question ideas on center console cassette -> ipod mod?

(beating on an old thread, I know..)

My factory (delco) deck has a single CD with the Cassette in the console which is also "Aux" -- there is no actual, separate "Aux" port as far as I know, though the dealer swore that there was.

So far I am using one of those headphone-to-cassette adaptors to plug in the ipod, but it sure would be nicer if there was a mod I could do to plug-in the ipod directly, powering the ipod, getting the audio from it, and perhaps even using the stereo controls for doing previous/next track would be nifty, but I'm too lazy to engineer such a thing.

Was wondering if anyone knew of a factory or 3rd party hack to replace the console cassette unit (other than jurry rigging it by putting a blank tape in it to trick the "aux" port to become active, and wiring the headphone out directly to what wires the cassette may have used for audio output..)

Old 07-01-2011, 07:32 PM
Leeann_Bravada is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes.

All info here:

Mark's 2004 Corvette Z06

Quick Reply: Audio suggestions please