Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

HID Kit installed

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2010, 10:22 PM
Beginning Member
Chase Clouser is on a distinguished road

They seem to hate it when I just turn the key on not the motor, some times only one will come on so I cycle the key and it finally pops on , I have the 55 watters if that has anything to do with it . They really flicker some times when I'm in revers sitting still . I'm so confused I don't no much about them and don't no where to go to ask questions about them.

Old 06-08-2010, 10:33 PM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough

i don't know what to tell you. call the company and ask them

Old 06-09-2010, 04:19 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Its the crappy ballasts. Get your money back if/while you can and get a quality kit. I got stuck with the 3 kits I purchased even after agreeing with them that the last order was for testing only and would be returned for refund if the problems persisted. All three kits have intermittent drop outs and/or no-ignition problems. Its not good when your headlights go out while driving down the road!!

And don't bother trying to get technical help from them. Beyond selling the things, they know nothing else about them. Your options will be return them for warranty or grab a paddle. You'll get fast responses full of nothing though. And they'll be sure to mention how many kits they've sold (peddled).

Old 06-09-2010, 07:52 AM
BF Veteran

i can't tell whether he bought them from DDM, HID Extra or where... DDM was a pain for me but a lot of other people haven't had problems with them... so, good luck CC but i have nothing for you

Old 06-09-2010, 06:06 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

My problem was with our site sponsor from which I will never recommend anyone purchase anything from (I have no say in who IB has as a sponsor). At least DDM is half the price even if it is for the same chance at getting something that isn't quite right.

Old 06-09-2010, 07:39 PM
Beginning Member
Chase Clouser is on a distinguished road

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HID-X...ht_5888wt_1167 i got these and yes they r prolly ddm.

they r bright as hell but i just dont have enough volts going to them so im gonna try a harness to wire them directly to the battery

Last edited by swartlkk; 06-09-2010 at 07:52 PM. Reason: **Combining Consective Posts** - Please use the EDIT feature to add information to your post if another member has yet to reply.
Old 06-09-2010, 07:45 PM
BF Veteran

yeah, i wouldn't do an ebay special with something this important for safety.. but, call them up and see what happens. worst case scenario they say too bad and you lost $45