Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

High-Low Beam kit relay question

Old 07-28-2007, 08:29 PM
lennyblazer is on a distinguished road
Default High-Low Beam kit relay question

So the other day I was trying to see if I could remove the DRL Relay so that I wouldn't have DRL's. So when I removed it and tried the lights, I lost control of the automatic headlights (a feature I like, since you don't forget to turn off the lights when I leave the truck). So I plugged the relay back in and the auto headlights and the DRL's worked. Then when I was driving at night I was going to flip on the high beams (I bought the kit that makes it so the lowbeams stay on when the high beams come on) and the low beams turned off. Then when I let it sit for the night and tried it the next day they worked again, however later that night they no longer worked. It has been working on and off but recently hasn't worked at all for the last week. I am thinking that maybe the relay that came in the kit is burned out or something. Is there a way to check if it the relay is burned out? Or where can I buy a new one? Thanks for help in advance. This is the kit I got from Painless wiring on Summitracing.com.

-Lenny

Old 07-28-2007, 10:17 PM
a_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud of
Default RE: High-Low Beam kit relay question

i tried the same thing and it fried a fuse in the master fuse box under my hood.... check your owners manual and check the headlamp fuses under your hood... that solved my problem....

Old 07-29-2007, 02:03 AM
lennyblazer is on a distinguished road
Default RE: High-Low Beam kit relay question

k thanks I'll check that later this afternoon.

-Lenny