Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

How to fit dixie horn

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2013, 07:46 PM
Chelsmae7 is on a distinguished road
Default How to fit dixie horn

I'm not really sure the best area to post this but hopefully someone can come up with an idea. My fiances brother bought a dixie horn for his 01 blazer and they spent a few hours trying to find a place to fit it but couldn't figure anything out. We've all been searching online but haven't been able to find anything about someone fitting it in this specific blazer body style.

Old 11-22-2013, 11:14 PM
BF Veteran
abig84 will become famous soon enoughabig84 will become famous soon enough

i had a 83 s10 blazer which is the old boxy one and had that horn that consisted of like 5 horns. it actually fit behind the grill just barely but it fit. is there enough room if you remove the grill to put back there somewhere?

also another idea is a friend of mine installed train horns and put them where his spare tire was

Old 11-22-2013, 11:41 PM
Chelsmae7 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by abig84
i had a 83 s10 blazer which is the old boxy one and had that horn that consisted of like 5 horns. it actually fit behind the grill just barely but it fit. is there enough room if you remove the grill to put back there somewhere?

also another idea is a friend of mine installed train horns and put them where his spare tire was
I did find a picture of a blazer similar to his with two horns behind the grill but they said they tried and it wouldn't work. I have a 96 and I'm pretty sure it would fit on mine so I think they might not be patient enough lol I'll have to take a look when he comes over tomorrow.

Old 11-23-2013, 09:34 AM
rexazz2 will become famous soon enough
Old 11-23-2013, 11:18 AM
Starting Member
ol' grouch is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Chelsmae7
I'm not really sure the best area to post this but hopefully someone can come up with an idea. My fiances brother bought a dixie horn for his 01 blazer and they spent a few hours trying to find a place to fit it but couldn't figure anything out. We've all been searching online but haven't been able to find anything about someone fitting it in this specific blazer body style.

It depends on how the horn is made. If you have the compact horn, you're gouged. There really isn't anyplace to put it. On the other hand, if you have the separate horns and a compressor connected by clear plastic hose, separate the horns and put them whereever they will fit. Take a short piece of the plastic hose over to Lowe's, Home Depot or some other hardware store and buy several feet of it. You can then place them all over the place. Just have them aimed slightly down and forward a bit. The sound will be different as it will be coming from all over the place.