Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

keyless entry fob

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2005, 02:05 PM
bootsdsm is an unknown quantity at this point
Default keyless entry fob

do i have to go to the dealer to get a keyless entry fob for my 2000 blazer ls

Old 09-27-2005, 08:02 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: keyless entry fob

Quick search on eBay produced this:
eBay search for '2000 Blazer fob'

You should have instructions that come with the replacement fob (if the buyer is nice) that will tell you how to get it programmed. If not, you can try to con the dealership into doing it for free saying that it just quit working and when you replaced the battery, it still didn't work.

Good Luck!

Old 09-27-2005, 08:42 PM
Administrator
Patrick has disabled reputation

i used to work at a dealership...good luck getting it programmed for free.

Old 09-27-2005, 09:33 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Had it done numerous times (2 times on my Dodge Intrepid, 1 time for my Bonneville, and 1 time for my Bravada). All of the times, something actually happened when the batteries went dead. It did not involve replacing the fobs at all. But it was free for all of them. Bonneville has a warranty, but the Bravada did not. The Intrepid, I could do myself once I found out how to do it, but I'm not sure if that can be done with the newer vehicles. I'm sure that it can.

Old 09-27-2005, 09:51 PM
Administrator

Ha, well, found it right in front of me... From my AllDataDIY.com account:

Programming Transmitters

IMPORTANT: Different keyless entry systems are used on General Motors vehicles. The parts are not interchangeable even though the parts may appear to be similar. Observe the back of the transmitter in order to properly identify the system. On 2000 SIT pickups and utilities, use a transmitter identified with GM/UTA preceding the part number.

1. With the driver door closed and insert the key into the ignition, but do not turn it
2. Hold down the power unlock button on the door panel.
3. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position.
4. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
5. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position.
6. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
7. Release the power unlock button on the door panel. The remote control door lock receiver will respond in the following manner in order to indicate that the receiver is in the programming mode:

7.1. Locking the doors
7.2. Unlocking the doors

IMPORTANT: All extra transmitters must be programmed at this time. When a new transmitter is programmed, the old transmitters will be deactivated.

8. Hold down the lock and unlock buttons on the transmitter until the remote control door lock receiver will respond in the following manner:

8.1. Locking the doors.
8.2. Unlocking the doors.

9. Repeat step 7 for each additional transmitter.
10. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position in order to exit the transmitter programming mode.
11. In order to reprogram the remote control door lock transmitter with a scan tool, refer to Scan Tool Instructions .

Memory Seat Recall Programming

1. Adjust the driver seat to the desired position.
2. Press the switch labeled SET. A chime confirmation will be heard.
3. Press the desired position switch labeled 1 or 2. Within 5 seconds from pressing the SET switch, a chime confirmation will be heard.
4. Press the UNLOCK button on the desired transmitter (key fob) within 5 seconds from pressing the SET switch. A chime confirmation will be heard.

o The transmitter (key fob) is now programmed with the desired position switch. Pressing the transmitter UNLOCK button will cause a recall request to be initiated and the seat will adjust to position 1 or 2.
o The stored memory positions may be changed without having to reprogram the transmitter.
o The transmitter feature is available in all ignition positions.

Memory Seat Recall Unprogramming

1. Press the switch labeled SET. A chime confirmation will be heard.
2. Press the UNLOCK button on the transmitter (key fob) within 5 seconds from pressing the SET switch.
3. Do not press any memory switch or power adjustment for 5 seconds . Pressing a switch will cancel the unprogramming event and the transmitter will remain programmed.

o The transmitter (key fob) is now unprogrammed and pressing the UNLOCK button will not effect memory seat operation.
o No chime confirmation will be heard when the UNLOCK button is pressed if the transmitter is unprogrammed.
*EDIT* fixed a weird formatting problem...

Old 04-26-2006, 11:16 PM
frankjc is an unknown quantity at this point

cool

Old 04-27-2006, 12:48 PM
kornphlake is an unknown quantity at this point

I've got a '99 blazer that wasn't originally sold with keyless entry but I know certain vehicles have the system installed from the factory and the dealer simply sells you the fobs for an inflated cost and calls keyless entry a dealer installed option if the customer wants keyless entry. Would my Blazer fall into this category, can I just buy and program fobs or would I have to install all the wiring and whatnot for keyless entry?

Old 04-27-2006, 02:47 PM
Administrator

If there is the wiring, you should be able to install a RKE module and then program the remotes as described above.

The RKE module is located on the hush panel above the DLC (diagnostic link connector).

If you are looking for a RKE module, you need to find an S-series blazer with the AU0 (A U zero) RPO code which can be found on the RPO listing sticker that should be located in the glovebox.

Old 04-12-2007, 04:23 PM
Starting Member
kerander is an unknown quantity at this point

I tried doing this for my 95 blazer, but it doesn't seem to be working.

When it says put it into the ON position does that mean accessory, run or start? And putting it into the OFF position, is that then neutral position to remove the key?

I bought a new fob on ebay and asked the seller for directions. They sent me this:

PROGRAMMING

CHEVROLET

1995-1997 Blazer
1995-1997 S10 Pickup

If you have two remotes you MUST program them together or only the new one will work
Find the RED two wired programming connector located near the central locking control module behind the left hand instrument panel
Jump the programming connector terminals (which means either connect one terminal to another available one or take a small wire and touch the programming connector terminals together)
The doors will now lock/unlock to let you know that the programming has activated
Press any button on the remote one time
The doors will now lock/unlock to let you know that the remote is now programmed to your vehicle
Repeat step 5 for any additional remotes
Remove the programming connector jump lead to exit programming

Anybody ever heard of this? Otherwise, I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. I even tested the first method on another 95 with a working fob and it didn't work either. [:@]

Any ideas?

Old 04-26-2007, 01:29 AM
roadrash187 is an unknown quantity at this point

Im having the same problems. Bought the transmitters off of Ebay. It said it would work for my '01 Blazer. The only problem I have is, the parts list that normally is in the glove box is missing. Any other ways of finding out if the remotes will work with my truck. My truck does have keyless entry on it but, the remotes didnt come with it. Just the key & the valet key.[:@] Followed the instructions that you posted Swartlkk, and still no luck.

Quick Reply: keyless entry fob