Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

keyless entry fob

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2007, 11:47 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: keyless entry fob

You have to match the FFC ID code on the remote with the ID code of the RKE module under the drivers side of the dash.

Old 07-19-2007, 04:31 AM
aced411 is an unknown quantity at this point

On my blazer the dealer told me even though I didn't have the RKE code, that the wiring for the transmitter was there. The problem is they were asking $100 for the transmitter, $85 for the remote and $200 worth of labor charges to install and program it. That's almost $400 just to have keyless entry. For that price I'll go ahead and used the old fashioned key and forget about it.

Old 08-02-2007, 08:13 PM
nocluejimbo is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: swartlkk

You have to match the FFC ID code on the remote with the ID code of the RKE module under the drivers side of the dash.
Sorry to bump an "old news" thread, but I figured that it was better than starting a new one.

I have the AU0 code, but do you have a picture of the location of the RKE module in a 2002? If not, what will it look like? I would like to verify the FCC code before I buy a fob on eBay.

Old 08-02-2007, 10:26 PM
lennyblazer is on a distinguished road

It should be located by the OBDII port up under the panel that houses the OBDII port. This is just below the steering column on the drivers side. Should be able to remove a couple 6 point 7mm screws to remove the panel(s). The RKE mdoule should then be behind the panel.

Old 08-02-2007, 11:22 PM

ORIGINAL: lennyblazer

It should be located by the OBDII port up under the panel that houses the OBDII port. This is just below the steering column on the drivers side. Should be able to remove a couple 6 point 7mm screws to remove the panel(s). The RKE mdoule should then be behind the panel.
Okay, I have the panel under the steering column removed, but what is the OBDII port?

Pictures would be awesome, if possible.

Old 08-02-2007, 11:28 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Here ya go:

Old 08-03-2007, 01:19 PM

Well, I found it after removing the entire lower panel. I have the KOBLEAR1XR module, so I went ahead and ordered the KOBLEAR1XT transmitter from keylessride.com. Thanks for your assistance.

Old 08-06-2007, 04:19 PM

ORIGINAL: nocluejimbo

Well, I found it after removing the entire lower panel. I have the KOBLEAR1XR module, so I went ahead and ordered the KOBLEAR1XT transmitter from keylessride.com. Thanks for your assistance.
Product received and programmed in a matter of seconds. What a little price to pay for such a convenience.

Old 04-03-2008, 06:20 PM
oliver291 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, I have a UK specification right hand drive 99-01 chevy blazer, and have the AU3 code. I bought a new remote recently , and the programming instructions just dont work at all. It has exactly same FCC / UTA numbers as the original etc.
Does anyone have any ideas how to figure out how to get the new remote working ? I only have one original one with the car.
Thanks

Old 04-03-2008, 06:27 PM
Administrator

What year specifically?

Quick Reply: keyless entry fob