Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Need help with sound deadeners??

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2008, 07:57 PM
BF Veteran
jagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant future
Default Need help with sound deadeners??

click here

^^its the sound deadener showdown. it will give you great information on multiple types / brands of deadeners

Old 10-31-2008, 05:53 PM
MemphisBlazer99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Need help with sound deadeners??

Thats a good link. i need to deaden my truck asap. now i have a list of manufacturers. thinking of going with Fatmat.

Old 04-08-2009, 10:08 AM
Beginning Member
rllamarca is on a distinguished road

how would you go about reducing the vibrations of the little black plastic filler panels on the upper rear corners of a second gen blazer, whenever my subs hit they vibrate like the trunk on a mexican's civic. would some sort of spray foam work?

Old 04-08-2009, 11:45 AM
BF Veteran
jagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant future

im not exactly sure which panels you are talking about

Old 04-08-2009, 01:57 PM
PVT Pablo is an unknown quantity at this point

'Mexican's Civic'? I'll choose to just dismiss this....

I think he's talking about what would be considered the 'D' pillar, or the plastic pieces that are to the immediate left and right of the rear glass.

Mine rattle too, but it sounds like its coming from the inside, not the external plastic itself.

Old 04-08-2009, 02:04 PM
oisinirish is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice article. I have all the carpet and original sound deadening out of mine for "repairs" to the floors. I was just gonna get some cheapo matting I may need to rethink this now.

Old 04-09-2009, 07:02 AM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by PVT Pablo
I think he's talking about what would be considered the 'D' pillar, or the plastic pieces that are to the immediate left and right of the rear glass.

Mine rattle too, but it sounds like its coming from the inside, not the external plastic itself.

i only hear the vibration when im standing outside of the car. but then again, in order for it to vibrate its gotta be rather loud in the car. i was told to stick matchbooks in the cracks to find otu where its vibrating against and then when i find it pop the panel and find some sorta foam and wedge it in there

Old 04-12-2009, 10:22 AM
Bigsby is on a distinguished road

There is a vent inside each of those panels, when u remove the panel, you can see the vent. The flaps on the vent move and thats what makes the vibration. I tied a piece of rubber band around each flap and they don't vibrate anymore. Pretty easy fix.

Old 04-13-2009, 09:23 AM
Beginning Member

thanks dude, ill give it a shot

Old 04-13-2009, 05:07 PM
BF Veteran

that vent allows air to escape your vehicle when you close your doors. you dont wanna seal it off

Quick Reply: Need help with sound deadeners??