Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

no sound from any speaker

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2016, 03:29 AM
Starting Member
jayj99jimmy is on a distinguished road
Default no sound from any speaker

1994 Chevrolet full size blazer. I bought this rig with factory stereo and it did not play any sound. I noticed the equalizer did not display anything so I assumed it was toast and removed it. I still had no sound from the fm tuner, not even static at full volume. I finally just finished installing a kenwood stereo and it powers up and seems to function properly but still, no sound, not even static comes from the speakers. I have installed dozens of stereos, ive done amps/subs as well. I am positive the wiring for the harness/stereo are done correctly. Is it possible all 4 of my speakers wiring are bad? or is there an amplifier on these blazers? or maybe a main relay or fuse that sends power to all 4 speaker wires or something? just seems strange that I get no sound from any of the 4 speakers at all, not even static or popping. Anyone have a recommendation for what I should look at next?

Old 06-25-2016, 01:15 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

My suggestion would be to go buy some new wire and run your own wires to each speaker. It may sound like allot of work but I bet it's less than trying to track down all those other possible bad factory wires. I would also suggest buying some new speakers to replace the factory ones at the same time. My 93 burban only has two working speakers trending so I just picked up a set of 4 kickers in the proper sizes for $80 to replace what's left of the factory paper speakers. No I didn't buy top of the line but it will seem like they are when I have all six speakers working finally instead of only 3 lol!

Old 06-25-2016, 01:28 PM
Starting Member
jayj99jimmy is on a distinguished road

do they have an amplifier or something in the 92-94 era blazer/suburbans? I just have a hard time grasping that all 4 speaker wires are bad unless maybe they share the same ground or something. I feel like I could at least get intermittent sound in 1 speaker, or something. Really not wanting to pull my headliner out to run wire to the top speakers and all that... ugh lol.

Old 06-25-2016, 07:37 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

No amp that I am aware of in them.