Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Noob question on speakers...

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2010, 11:10 PM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by ImScrewed92
Hey I hear ya on bigger more expensive tastes. I'm researching high output alternators as we speak. Looking at maybe 150 amps at idle and maybe 250 or so at driving rpms. Debating on 2 more of the 15's I have now, and maybe another opti next summer.

With my big tires my engine turns lower rpms on the interstate so that is hurtin the electrical also. But hopefully a gear swap will give me power back and raise my rpms up and help out. You gonna start a build thread when you start like I wish I had? ha ha
I already have one going that i add to as i go. I plan on starting after friday with my build up. I have everything except my mono block. I'm looking at the Sundown SAZ-1000D to power my 12w6 only because i'll never run more than 1000 watts with any system i put into the Blazer. I've got some crazy plans i'd like to do to it but then there are the realistic plans. I too moved home with my mom, i was at MSU but my dad died a few years ago and my mom had started to let the house go and what not. If you look at my build log you'll see my garage.... So i'm home commuting to class locally and helping with some bills and what not...

And Screwed, we thread jack way too much in the Audio/visual section haha

Old 05-09-2010, 12:29 AM
ImScrewed92 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey if the OP doesn't object and a MOD doesn't step in...

But the whole $1 a watt is kinda out there. I have heard people say it and I just think "This guy is crazy." I mean I guess that would be a good thing if you have that kind of expandable income. My new amp is realisticly 1700 watts, although it has been tested at 1900. And my refurb was $302. Less than a dollar a watt. And for all the people that say they fail, then the 2 year warrenty will cover that.

Then agian I don't care alot about SQ, mainly SPL. So all the musical imperfections people say the cheaper amps have I don't hear over vented boxes and the interior rattles. lol but thats just me. I'm a bit weird...

Old 05-09-2010, 01:52 AM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by ImScrewed92
I don't hear over vented boxes and the interior rattles. lol but thats just me. I'm a bit weird...
I couldn't have said it better myself i'm in the process of taking the interior apart and sound deadening the truck so i have no more rattles. there are so many things i'm looking at doing but debating on whether or not its worth the time or money... time isn't the problem, money is but isn't and well... do i really need to swap out the headliner and make it black? no, but do i want to? heck yes... one of my many dilemmas

Old 05-09-2010, 12:46 PM
ImScrewed92 is an unknown quantity at this point

I guess I'm lucky on the rattles. Only rattle I really have is the tailgate skin moving. The back glass, the drivers side door handle, (loose, needs replaced). That's about it. Well and any change/tools/etc that's in the floor, cupholder etc. Can't hardly hear the stereo with the doors and windows closed, but open the door...

Now moms focus has a little 400 watt amp. And one twelve and her whole truck rattles. And the trunk lid only has holes for the top of the license plate not the bottom. so I'm workin on a plate fix and fatmat in the lid.

Make ya list. Put what's needed and what's wanted. Then list each need 123... Then each want 123... Then do one need and one want just keep going back and forth. I'm like you it's hard to choose. But I got the want of the amp, now I'm gettin the need of new gearing. It helps some.

Old 05-09-2010, 05:20 PM
Starting Member
MrJP is an unknown quantity at this point

I will certainly agree about the need for sound damping. Blazers are not exactly well insulated as it is, so anything is an improvement. Personally, I like the 2nd skin damping/deadening, but anything is an improvement. IMO, a doller spent quieting a Blazer is worth about 3 dollers spent on amps. But I'm more into SQ.

Old 05-09-2010, 07:28 PM
BF Veteran

JP, i'm both i guess.. i like my music to be clean and crisp but when wanted, i want to get some boom... If you ask Bobditts, there is not such thing as SQL but there is to me. i'm half done with deadening my truck so. i just need to get the plastic panels inside now, i have all the metal done

Old 05-30-2010, 03:21 PM
Brian_D will become famous soon enoughBrian_D will become famous soon enough

does the door panels need to be removed or does that cover pop off?

Arg!!

Old 05-30-2010, 04:49 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by Brian_D
does the door panels need to be removed or does that cover pop off?

Arg!!
What do you mean by that Brian?

Old 05-30-2010, 08:08 PM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough

Panels need to be taken off. I made the mistake in my Grand Am. They never went back on. lol

Old 06-04-2010, 07:26 PM
Beginning Member
th3m00s3 is on a distinguished road
Default update

i got a pioneer 7200-HD head unit installed today, it makes such a big difference over the stock head unit. it was pricey (it's pioneer's top-of-the-line cd deck) but it was well worth it. my boston acoustic speakers sound so much better. also, HD radio quality is better than regular FM radio by leaps and bounds, and it's free! if you don't have it, i really reccomend you get an adapter for it or a head unit that has it

last thing on my list is to get subs and an amp, im going to wait until i get afew more paychecks under my belt before i splurge on that

Quick Reply: Noob question on speakers...