Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

New Setup... I mounting need ideas

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2009, 05:33 PM
shmew22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New Setup... I mounting need ideas

Just got my new subs in and built my box 4 em. the whole thing is like 4cubes and tuned to ~35 hz. But anyhow to my dilemma, that box is a hoss cat and im tryin to crank out some ideas for amp mounting as i am tryin to keep it below the rear headrest. Im usin my amp from my previous set up until i get the funds for my new ones. The links are below for wat im gettin. So if you guys got any ideas of how i can cram it all in there.... let me know. anything and everything is welcome... however im not that good at fiberglass so... avoid that if possible. thanks and sorry for the lengthy post....

SUB AMP > http://tiny.cc/FkZ8h
DOOR AMP> http://tiny.cc/X19TA

Attached Thumbnails New Setup... I mounting need ideas-dscn0279.jpg   New Setup... I mounting need ideas-dscn0280.jpg   New Setup... I mounting need ideas-dscn0281.jpg   New Setup... I mounting need ideas-dscn0282.jpg   New Setup... I mounting need ideas-dscn0283.jpg  

Old 09-29-2009, 06:31 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Those front tie-down hooks would look pretty appetizing to me (if the 4dr has those)

Old 09-29-2009, 06:33 PM

what exactly do you have in mind with those tie down hooks?

Old 09-30-2009, 09:50 AM

c'mon guys... nobody? i need some help here... any ideas at all are welcome....
EDIT: haha just realized i screwed up my title....

Last edited by shmew22; 09-30-2009 at 09:52 AM. Reason: just cause
Old 09-30-2009, 10:43 AM
svd85 is an unknown quantity at this point

what about behind the sub box... or if you want to get creative, mount them on the tailgate. you can cut the plastic from the tailgate and try to get them flush depending how big they the amps are.

Old 09-30-2009, 10:51 AM
Unlimitedsp is on a distinguished road

I was just going to say the same thing. It would look sweet flush mounted to the tailgate

Old 09-30-2009, 11:36 AM
BF Veteran
jagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant future

wow I didnt know RE branded those amps now. sweet. Are those subs the MTs??

anywho, why not just build a small amprack to go between the back of the box and the seats.....

Old 09-30-2009, 01:33 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Would it fit over the right wheel well? If so, why not just build something coming off the box on the right side to mount the amp on.
I'm thinking right here:

Old 09-30-2009, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by jagblazer01
wow I didnt know RE branded those amps now. sweet. Are those subs the MTs??
No they are the SEX series... the redesigned se'z ... them things can hit some insane lows..

But yea i actually thought about mounting it to the tailgate and doin like a plexiglass cover and illuminatin em... if i go there how can i get the power up to em?

and if im measurin right they wont fit on the wheel well...

thanks for the ideas guys... keep em comin if ya got em...

Old 09-30-2009, 05:50 PM
RangerG will become famous soon enoughRangerG will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by shmew22
But yea i actually thought about mounting it to the tailgate and doin like a plexiglass cover and illuminatin em...
Thats exactly what I though when the tailgate idea was purposed. I think that would look absolutely awesome.

Quick Reply: New Setup... I mounting need ideas