Search

Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-29-2016, 09:52 AM
Starting Member

philipfreire is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolf View Post
Actually from what I have read, the fronts are 8 ohms because its actually two 4 ohm speakers wired together, at least on the newer models.The speakers on the dash and front door are wired together. But don't quote me on that its just what I have read.
Just wanted to confirm LoneWolf's readings. I have an 05 Chevrolet Blazer with Tweeters (rated 4ohms) up front on the dash and 6" speakers (rated 4ohms) in the door.

The rear speakers are 6x9 (rated at 10ohms). Which lead me to believe the front has to be wired in series to 8ohms because it would be ludacris if the head unit had a 2ohm and 10ohm channel set up.

I then attached a multimeter to the door speaker ground adapter (dark blue wire lead) and then completed the circuit by touching the positive (red wire lead) on the tweeter adapter confirming that it is wired in a series. Thus two 4 ohm speakers in series creates 8 ohms.

Clearly this is not the case with older s10 blazers. So check your application.

I also wanted to state that the front doors on this blazer are 6" exactly end to end from the mountings. Meaning the speaker itself is 5 1/2".

You can put 6 1/2" (which i am replacing with) which will clear but the diameter of the stock housing will allow the speaker in but the holes will not line up - you will either have to drill new holes or replace the plastic housing with the aftermarket ones.