Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

a few new things

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2006, 02:16 AM
95BlacerMississippi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default a few new things

ok it has been a while sence i have posted on here
well I went to the car audio place where i live and had a box made for my 2 alphasonik 800J 12's they are rated a 900 watt RMS and are 2ohm DVC
my box is 13x22x38= about 5.75 cubic feet after you minus the speakers and the wood. its ported and it is the smallest port i have seen for 1 speaker it calls for a 2inX4inX10in deep so mine with 2 subs is 2inX8inX10in deep. well i got my subs in it and went for a test ride and my radar dector is on my windshield basical rite on the dase and it had vibrated loose I notaced i started hitting noted i had never hit befor. well later I went to see a bufy of mine that Joined my car club to see if he was going to be going to SlamFest. I had changed Cds as i pulled in to walmaet parking lot and it started playing and he said he turned ad looked thinking somone was rite in fromn of the sports store where he works. he said it was getting louder and louder and louder and when he didnt hink it could go louder i turned in and parked.

he said that when i was in fron og the building it sounded like a chopper was landing in the store i had knocked shoues off the wall and the celing tiles looked like they were going to fall, and the doors and windows were shakeing(and they are hurricane windows and doors).

well after i left there i had went home and wheni turned in the driveway a window fell out of my trailor. II was thinking maybe my brother and his soon to be wife were fighting. I go inand they yell at me i had knocked it out with my raido. and i go in my goon and all my pics that were on the wall fell off.

I do have a few pics of the box i took with my cell phone but i havent uploded them yet i will probley do that tomorrow.

well next week i am getting a custom amprack built it will hold both my amps my powecap(just for looks cuz its digital)and have a hole in the middle for my second bat to sit. with som green neons.

On 9-23-2006 there is a concert called CPR FEST put on by the local rock/alt. station here on the Ms gulf Coast. They are haveing a SPL sound off the day of the concert and im going I wantto see what I hit. Everyone wish me luck(1st-3rd place will be aworded trophies on stage infron of a sold out 10,000 people croud) and first place winners will will 2 VIP back stage passes to meet the bands. They have like 5 classes to enter in This is my first real system and i have never went to a comp befor so i was wondering if anyone can tell me what classes I should enter in.

Old 09-08-2006, 02:19 AM
BF Veteran
XBlazer01 has a spectacular aura aboutXBlazer01 has a spectacular aura about
Default RE: a few new things

sounds like a nice new setup bro.

Make sure ur getting metered dB drag style!

DASH LEGAL! TERMLAB!

none of the Audio control bulls***

A/C isnt reputable lol

Old 09-08-2006, 02:52 AM

i will
I have a copy of the offical Db Drag 2 cd the guy from Car Audio Invasions gave it to me.
I think its cool how the rep for a diffrent speaker Manufactor help designe my box it has a couple chambers in it

Old 09-08-2006, 02:54 AM

and whats dose this mean?

A/C isnt reputable??????????????????

Old 09-08-2006, 03:09 AM
blazin97 is on a distinguished road

Damn that sounds like a killer system
Hope you win to show everyone what a Blazer can do.

Old 09-08-2006, 10:28 AM
BF Veteran
jagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant future

an A/C meter is very inacurate.....it has a **** on the control unit that you can use to adjust the sensitivity of the mic, there for making ur dB's higher. A TermLab is what is used in all national competitions

Old 09-08-2006, 11:11 AM
BF Veteran

Dude I dont think you need 2 batteries. You dont have a big enough power drain to need an extra one. Just upgrade the big 3 Get rid of the capacitor cause its pointless anyway and do the Big 3.

If you do get light's dimming after the big 3 just get a HO Alt

An extra battery puts you in a higher class and basically your gonna get destroyed in the higher classes. Trust me.... I have to run in the higher classes

ORIGINAL: blazin97

Damn that sounds like a killer system
Hope you win to show everyone what a Blazer can do.

Blazers are rated one of the top 5 SPL vehicles. people DEF know what they can do lol

Old 09-08-2006, 12:10 PM
boomtruck97 is an unknown quantity at this point

Jon makes a good point. you would want to stay in lower classes. run it off the smallest fuse you can safely get away with, only go with one battery, and make sure you have a commercially made cd - no burnt stuff. if i recall the lower street and such classes require commercially released music as your bass driver - no tones.

Old 09-08-2006, 01:36 PM

I know i dont need the cap but theowner of the shop gave it to me so i put it in(i mean its was free why not)
I had a 200 amp AnL fuse and i blew 2 of them so now i have a 300 amp.
Until i put the second batery in i was haveing all kinds of light dim and the voltage on my bat would drom to like 9.
im thinking about upgrading the big 3 are u sure that after i do that I wont need thr second battery?
ok so you say no burnt cds and no tones well the only cds i have are burnt

so what would you recomend?

Old 09-08-2006, 01:58 PM
BF Veteran

trust me u are FAR from needing a second battery at all. your only pulling 1200 watts.......

my power acoustik put out more than you and I had no trouble.

Quick Reply: a few new things