Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Stereo Wiring and Install Parts

Old 01-15-2013, 10:40 AM
altoncustomtech will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by tmac4t4
im trying to install a kendwood HU in my 01 blazer w/BOSE..there is only 1 small plug on the back of the stock deck, not 2 like the non bose systems.....are the wire colors the same as non bose systems? if i can use the factory bose amp to power the bose speakers that would be best, since i dont feel like frying my headunit because of the 2ohm speaker rating...what is the best way to wire up my kenwood? or is it possible to bypass the amp without causing damage to my reciever? ive been researching this forever it seems and keep getting conflicting information
There are separate harnesses out there that bypass the amp, which in my opinion would be the best way to handle it if the speakers weren't in fact 2 ohm. If they are in fact two ohm units then the best item to purchase would be something like this PAC converter. It connects to the low level output RCA's on the aftermarket HU and feeds the signal to the factory amp.

I've not had a BOSE system to work on before so I can't help with all the wire colors except to search more on this site for that info. I don't imagine there's any difference, but as I mentioned I've never installed in a vehicle with a BOSE system in it.

Another option would be to buy your own aftermarket amp and run the speakers with it. It would be more cost and work to run all the wires but it would allow better flexability to upgrade again later.

Old 01-15-2013, 11:08 AM
Beginning Member
YJ Wralph is on a distinguished road

I installed a new HU in a 99 Blazer with the Bose in it. Didn't work. Powered up and everything, just no sound. Took new stereo out, hooked up stock unit, and it worked. Took the new HU back to the store and talked to the tech. Long story short, Bose amps don't like aftermarket equipment. You need to bypass it. Wiring diagrams are available on line. In the 99, the Bose amp was under the center console. Good luck!

Old 01-15-2013, 11:17 AM
Beginning Member
YJ Wralph is on a distinguished road

I should add to my previous post that I also replaced ALL of the Bose speakers at the same time. I had upgraded everything in my non-Bose Jimmy so everything from my Jimmy went into her Blazer. I ran new wires from the head unit to under the console where the Bose amp was and then just used the existing speaker wires from there. If you're still having trouble, I believe I may still have the wiring diagrams tucked in my Haynes... MAYBE... Good luck!

Old 01-16-2013, 10:41 AM
tmac4t4 is on a distinguished road

looks like im going to have to wait and get new speakers..bose is a pain in my a$$!

Old 01-16-2013, 11:52 AM
mr.vls will become famous soon enough

See the link below for a line level adapter to use a aftermarket headunit with the bose system

https://blazerforum.com/forum/2nd-ge...m-55299/page2/

Old 01-17-2013, 09:15 AM
tmac4t4 is on a distinguished road

thanks! i saw that pac adapter but i was confused because the site i saw it on was talking about using it to add additional amps to the stock bose head unit..i guess it could be used for that OR replacing the stock headunit! sweet deal!

Old 02-08-2013, 05:51 PM
Starting Member
hotrodchevy14 is on a distinguished road

hi all! new to the forums. I just bought a 95 S10 blazer and I am going to be changing out the factory radio. Has anyone seen scosche installation kit #GMT2049A ? Will this kit work or is the one for 88 and up the one i need? The gmt2049a says 92 and up....just a little confused.... Thanks to any and all that can help.

Old 03-13-2013, 12:53 PM
Beginning Member
thibault116 is on a distinguished road

i need some help i just installed a alpine deck i got all the right stuff and my ipod wont work through the speakers but you can hear the bass through the sub woofer. i cant figure it out also all the buttons on my steering wheel control wont work.

Old 03-23-2013, 10:57 PM
BrianWesterman is on a distinguished road

Hi,

My dad just turned 83 and has a 1993 S10 Blazer Tahoe LT and the radio (am/fm/CD model 16182625) just all of a sudden stopped working for both the FM and AM stations, the CD works perfectly fine, but the radio just plays static and won't stop on any station for SCAN.

I went to Advanced Auto parts and bought a new antenna and adapter, to see if his old antenna was bad. I plugged it into the back of the radio and got the same results as the one that is still connected to the car.

Is his radio just plain bad, or is there something that I might be missing. I would really like to get this fixed for him. He loves to listen to the radio (especially the am talk-radio stuff) and I can see that it bothers him that his doesn't seem to want to play anything.

Everything on the radio seems to be functional, all of the lights seem to work, nothing on his dash appears broken (although I have noticed that his electronic gauges seem to be fading out a little, but I'm not sure that is connected to the radio in any way).

Any help at all would be appreciated.

Thank you very much for your time.

Brian

Old 03-23-2013, 11:57 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

if you have a u pull yard around your house, go there, and the the whole wire that runs from the antenna to the radio, see if it fixes the problem, if it does not, I would guess that the tuner is gone.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Stereo Wiring and Install Parts