Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Stereo Wiring and Install Parts

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2010, 10:03 PM
Beginning Member
Motomatt27 is on a distinguished road

Hey guys. brand new to the forum and could only get so far till i had a list of questions. to keep the short and sweet, i have a 99' 4 door 4x4. im trying to wire a LOC up to the factory delco. i looked at wiring and i am lost to where to wire a remote wire for an after market amp. i have no yellow switching wire. it appears as if this is linked up with the 02+ technology with Dark green, dark blue, purple/white, orange, grey, and black. So question is where to hook up remote wire?

Thanks, Matt

Old 03-18-2010, 08:23 PM
Starting Member
Blumerc is on a distinguished road
Default Confused with radio

I have a 2001 Blazer LS, 4dr, 4wd. I have a 6 speaker system, front dash is the tweeter inserts. When I bought the blazer, the back speakers did not work. So i decided to put in a aftermarket head unit and after that they worked for about 2 days. After about a half a year, I decided to trouble shoot a little. I hooked a speaker directly to the rear of the deck, worked. I took a rear panel off the door and tried to hook it into the rear wires. At full volume all i heard was a whisper of a sound with it balanced and faded to just that speaker. Any ideas?

Also I looked at the first post to make sure I had it hooked up right but I have three extra wires that was not mentioned and i do not have onstar. there is a extra dark green, dark blue and a purple/white. do i need to attach anything to those?

Last edited by Blumerc; 03-19-2010 at 04:13 PM. Reason: Adding more info
Old 03-19-2010, 09:51 PM
Starting Member
Obi Juan is on a distinguished road

I am wiring a 02 Blazer and having trouble with the repeat in colors, dark green is used 2 times yet i have 3 dark green wires and same with the grays, does anyone have any pictures of there install or do i just trial and error till i find the combo?

Old 03-28-2010, 07:32 PM
cstahl1045 is on a distinguished road
Default Help with stereo

I've just recently bought a 2004 Blazer ZR2. I bought a new JVC dvd receiver and went to my local ABC Warehouse to get a couple of things, besides the fact that it seemed as though no one there knew what they were talking about they tried to sell me several things that i dont think i need i guess im just asking for clarification.

First they said that it would not fit without cutting so i knew right away this was false I have RDS and from what i can tell this is a Double DIN

Second they said i would lose my door chimes which doesn't really concern me but what I am wondering is if I will lose anything else with installing a new stereo.

And last they tried selling me a different wiring harness one that has a separate power wire that needs to be run from the fuse box to the unit itself.

and with these i was also wondering if there was anything i could do that would allow me to have a dvd in while i am driving

this is the stereo i plan on installing.

http://signature.crutchfield.com/s_1....html?tp=20220

Old 04-04-2010, 03:41 AM
Speedcult is on a distinguished road

Ok this is driving me nuts. Is the connector for my 94 Blazer 4-dr a GM02B? Because Scosches site says it is and has a GM02RB listed that actually looks like the connectors of the trucks harness. The bigger is long and thin like this:

But the GM02B looks like this:

Not sure what the extra slot is for and hard to tell by the pic. Just want to double check before ordering. Pics are from Scosches site.

***edit... It looks like the socket on the lower left is actually blank. I just spent a couple hours looking for the connector last night and nobody had it. Walmart has it for $4.88 online and just wanted to make sure it was correct for now. Factory wires will be a thing of the past once I get all my amps installed anyway.

Last edited by Speedcult; 04-04-2010 at 12:54 PM.
Old 05-03-2010, 09:20 PM
Tman594 is on a distinguished road

Yeah, i folowed exactly what your diagram says, and i ended up with the Illumination (Grey) wire and the Dimmer wire (brown) and my Dual XR4110 still does not work... Any help please??

I have a Dual XR4110 Radio, i followed a diagram for the chevy 1995 Blazer radio wire's i ended up with the (brown) Dimmer wire and (grey) Illumination wire free, after that my radio would not work, any idea what might be wrong??

Last edited by swartlkk; 05-03-2010 at 09:31 PM. Reason: **Combining Consective Posts** - Please use the EDIT feature to add information to your post if another member has yet to reply.
Old 05-04-2010, 08:23 AM
Tman594 is on a distinguished road

All right, heres what i got. I have an XR4110 Dual radio, i followed the directions in the book and matched the wires to your diagram.. After i finished all the wireing i ended up with the brown dimmer and grey illumination wires free, the radio does not work, is there any way i can connect those 2 wires to make it work??

Old 05-07-2010, 07:52 PM
chevy01gold is on a distinguished road
Exclamation stereo fuse help me please!

ok this is getting me to go insane.... i think i blew the fuse for the stereo in my 01 4wd blazer. ive tried finding the fuse it is. idk where it is. please help me or tell me which fise number it is so i can listen to my stereo! its killing me. thanks

Old 05-08-2010, 10:34 PM
2010Tiger is on a distinguished road

Hello, I have a 97 blazer and I can see i need the 70-1858 wiring harness, and the 99-3043 / 99-3044 dash kit, but what type of antenna adapter do i need, it didnt say at the top.

Old 05-08-2010, 11:30 PM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by 2010Tiger
Hello, I have a 97 blazer and I can see i need the 70-1858 wiring harness, and the 99-3043 / 99-3044 dash kit, but what type of antenna adapter do i need, it didnt say at the top.
ok, you have a 97 blazer and are upgrading the radio... you have everything but the antenna adapter, check your other post where you asked for everything, and it'll tell you to check crutchfield... i just spent 10 seconds there and found this for you

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_12040GM...r.html?tp=2569

Quick Reply: Stereo Wiring and Install Parts