Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Tape player/aux question

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2007, 07:56 AM
BLK85 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Tape player/aux question

I have the stupid tape player in my counsel,of my Blazer. I was wondering if there is anyway to take it out and then plug my ipod into the connections that are there?I was thinking ofdoing thisavoid trying to get my rca cable from the back of the cd playerto the front, but thats not a big problem though.Does anyone know if this can be done? I'll probaly just swap in my Kenwood deck from my other car , but I was just throwing around the idea.

Old 02-08-2007, 08:25 AM
Blazer Forum 2009 Ride of the Year Winner
nj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura aboutnj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura about
Default RE: Tape player/aux question

I thought of the same thing last year, but I just ended up swapping out the stock radio for a new Pioneer Radio with Ipod Connection. But now I gotta run my ipod connection to my center console. But I'm going to wait till the spring to do that.

Old 02-08-2007, 01:56 PM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point

I dont understand.......you wanna plug an ipod into the rca's?

Old 02-08-2007, 07:27 PM
DankBlazer is an unknown quantity at this point

Theres a little thing you can buy at most stores, bestbuy, fred meyers, circuit city, etc, it's a tape that has a cable to plug into your ipod, then you plug the tape into your tape player, it sounds pretty good, it's 10x better than any of those am/fm ipod transimtters.
[align=left] [/align]

Old 02-08-2007, 08:44 PM

ORIGINAL: blazinloud
I dont understand.......you wanna plug an ipod into the rca's?
Yes. The rear of the CD players have the RCA connections into a headphone jack that plugs into the top of the Ipod.

ORIGINAL: DankBlazer

Theres a little thing you can buy at most stores, bestbuy, fred meyers, circuit city, etc, it's a tape that has a cable to plug into your ipod, then you plug the tape into your tape player, it sounds pretty good, it's 10x better than any of those am/fm ipod transimtters.
[align=left] [/align]
You dont understand I already have an aftermarket CD player with the connections in the back(RCA jacks into a headphone connection). Im just wondering if this could be easier to do it this way.

Ill just go ahead and swap in my Kenwood deck.

Old 02-08-2007, 10:19 PM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point

oh wow, i didnt know you could do that......

Old 02-09-2007, 12:46 AM
davtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant future

I have it done like that. I can plug in anything with a headphone jack. I saw this thing at Wal-Mart. It was $50. It was in the automotive section by the stereo wiring stuff. It's a wireless transmitter with a headphone jack, a memory card slot, a USB plug and one other I can't remember. It plugs into the cigarette lighter. Looks cooler and is removable to take to another car. Checked walmart.com and couldn't find it, but found a bluetooth one. Here's the link. It's only $100, and works upto 30 ft away.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=4694332

Old 02-09-2007, 12:53 PM
Debaser is an unknown quantity at this point

I've done that (take the RCA to headphone jack) in my old chevy truck.
Just be sure to get a STEREO jack.
ck

Old 02-11-2007, 11:16 PM
Canadian88 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have an Alpine radio with the full speed ipod hook up. I ran the cord to my center console, plugs into the interface on my Ipod, displays the ipod info on the alpine deck, and charges the Ipod....a bit on the pricey side though. 200 for the deck, 30 for the cord.

Old 02-14-2007, 07:07 AM

I can do that with my Kenwood deck that I have too. I just opted to plug it in the headphone jack, its easier that way and cheaper.

Quick Reply: Tape player/aux question