Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Touchscreen Radio

Old 09-04-2009, 10:01 PM
Beginning Member
odfareal is on a distinguished road
Default Touchscreen Radio

I currently have a UV9 radio that I installed myself into my 2000 Blazer.
Every day I park, I have to remove the radio, which is getting annoying, fast. LOL

I'm interested in getting a touchscreen radio that I can bolt in which permanently in and won't be easily removed... Anything that looks like its built INTO the dash is what I'm looking for, as any radio sticking out is going to end with me missing a window or two.

Any ideas?
I saw a Blazer on here... Don't remember the username, but the guy had a touchscreen in the dash the exact way I wanted to do it.

The radio he had was a PIONEER AVH-P6800DVD.
Two problems, however... That model radio is discontinued, and from what I've seen, can't fit in the 2000 Blazer.

And second problem was, that the guys blazer seemed to have a different radio slot then mine... Probably different year? It had alot more spacing from the top of the radio to the AC controls.

Old 09-04-2009, 11:09 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Ya, that was Pyrocustoms, he has a 95 and custom made a mount with fiberglass. I don't see why it wouldn't fit, my buddy's brother has a touch screen/nav deck in his Avalanche, and I had the same factory radio he did.

As for people not stealing it, you'd be surprised what a pry bar and a desperate addict can do lol.

Old 09-04-2009, 11:10 PM
Beginning Member
odfareal is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by oktain
Ya, that was Pyrocustoms, he has a 95 and custom made a mount with fiberglass. I don't see why it wouldn't fit, my buddy's brother has a touch screen/nav deck in his Avalanche, and I had the same factory radio he did.

As for people not stealing it, you'd be surprised what a pry bar and a desperate addict can do lol.
LOL No kidding. Thanks!

Old 09-04-2009, 11:14 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Please search around for a definite answer about the fit lol. Honestly I'm just guessing, but I'm sure if you talked to a professional audio dealer they'd know.

Old 09-05-2009, 09:44 AM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

Do you use your glovebox much? I have seen people drop radios/nos switches in there to keep them hidden, and I know a few people who did it in older camaros as so not to rape the dash of its beauty..... Just a thought....

Old 09-05-2009, 12:09 PM
NVANZEE will become famous soon enough

if its a double din which most touch screens are you will either need to modifiy your dash bezel or get one out of an 03 or newer blazer.

You would have to come up with a way to make it hard to get out. I can get a deck out of most things in less than 5min with just a screwdriver

Old 09-05-2009, 02:26 PM
Beginning Member
tetricyde is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb

My suggestion as far as making it hard to remove...

You know how when you buy a new HU there is the security device always bolted on the back and once removed you're left with a threaded screw hole on the back of your HU...

I suggest you drill straight behind the HU through the firewall and insert a threaded metal rod through the firewall. Then screw it into the HU and place a nut and washer on the engine side of the firewall. Now without them knowing to look under the hood and unscrew a random nut on the firewall they aren't going to remove your HU without destroying it first...

Just a suggestion and if any one has came up with different methods please do share! hope this helped...

Old 09-05-2009, 03:04 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

Crazy and off the wall idea

Put leads from the battery terminal into mounting and the outer case... THe HU I used had two peices that did not touch... someone shoves something metal into it and gets fried....

Old 09-05-2009, 03:57 PM
NVANZEE will become famous soon enough

thats not really enough voltage to do anything though. I have always thought about getting some steel cable and find a spot you could feed it through and bolt the ends together

Old 09-06-2009, 06:25 PM
Bravado is on a distinguished road

The Pioneer AVH-P6800DVD would not fit. The dash need to have a 4" opening for it to fit; the 3" openings found in GMs will not accommodate it. Unless you customize the slot...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Touchscreen Radio