Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Will a Delco Radio from 2000 LeSabre fit a 1999 Blazer ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2009, 09:57 PM
Starting Member
Katmandu is on a distinguished road
Question Will a Delco Radio from 2000 LeSabre fit a 1999 Blazer ?

Will this radio work in my Blazer ??

Old 09-06-2009, 05:50 PM
Bravado is on a distinguished road

Well, you can probably get it to fit into the hole ;-) ha, but it will definitely need a new harness...and if you have the steering wheel mountain controls or any other special features, you will lose them if that radio doesn't support it. Just get a Blazer wire chart and a LeSabre wire chart, and compare what wire goes to what, and just play the matching game. If they all match and they all go somewhere correctly, it will most likely work.

As long as that radio doesn't have the theft protection where you need a password, or you at least know it.

Old 09-06-2009, 07:02 PM
Biohazed is on a distinguished road

it will not work. the connectors are different, and the Le-Sabre just like the Bonneville and others actually interface into the ECU, and use a RAP module. (connects the door chimes to the door speaker and also keeps the radio after you turn the ignition off until you open the door)Also why you need a special box to connect an aftermarket radio into that car. also installing this radio, even if getting it connected to the truck and powered up will trip the theft protection on the radio then you will need the code or possibly the VIN of the car that it came out of.

Last edited by Biohazed; 09-06-2009 at 07:05 PM.
Old 09-06-2009, 07:10 PM

The Blazer's stereo doesn't stay on after you turn off the ignition? Maybe the Bravada is a little more different than I thought...

Old 09-06-2009, 07:37 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

Mine stays on until the door opens, I believe it has retained accessory power, too.

Old 09-06-2009, 07:46 PM

I really don't see a reason why you couldn't get it to work if everything hooks up correctly. Even if the radio controls the bells in the Buick, it's separate on the Blazer, so just bypassing it shouldn't do anything....but I could be wrong, I never experimented with this...

Old 09-06-2009, 08:26 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

The black pins in the back won't work for the Blazer either, the Blazer only has one in the middle, this radio you posted up has two.

Old 09-06-2009, 08:28 PM

Meh, nothing a lil drilling can't fix

Old 09-06-2009, 09:35 PM
Biohazed is on a distinguished road

I still don't thin kit will owrk, also by the time he gets it working, IF he gets it working it would of been cheaper to go with an after-market HU IMO just time invested alone

Old 09-06-2009, 10:25 PM
okvortec is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Biohazed
I still don't thin kit will owrk, also by the time he gets it working, IF he gets it working it would of been cheaper to go with an after-market HU IMO just time invested alone
x2.

You could buy a 99 blazer radio off ebay or a parts yard too..

Quick Reply: Will a Delco Radio from 2000 LeSabre fit a 1999 Blazer ?