Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

~Sporty_Drews ~Worklog~

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2009, 11:59 PM
sporty_drew is on a distinguished road
Default ~Repo~

This is going to be an on going worklog with all of my projects. I'm going to start out with a couple pictures of the Blazer.

I bought this on Saturday and decided I better get working on it so I tore it apart Saturday night to start installing my Viper alarm. I got the keyless entry and the alarm parts wired up. I also got the remote start wires all ran, just waiting to be connected when I buy a pass bypass. Here is a few shots from last night and a couple while I was finishing up today.

Diodes for my doors, but I can't find the wires for each door plunger. I know the Drivers is Tan and the Passengers is Orange at the BCM, but I'll have to do some more poking around tomorrow.

My plans for it are:

Interior-
3 way active setup
CD player with Ipod hookup for 30 gig video
heated seat elements

Exterior-
2 inch Body Lift
Shackles and Tbars until 5 inch lift (Can't see spending another 1000 for another inch)
Bushwacker Fender Flares
Brush Gaurd
Wheels
Tires (before winter)

That is my list as of now, we'll see what happens.

Last edited by sporty_drew; 10-06-2009 at 11:43 AM.
Old 08-04-2009, 05:59 AM
Starting Member
FlatTopFoley has a little shameless behavior in the past

looks like a good start, cant wait for some more work. Good luck

Old 08-04-2009, 11:45 PM

Thanks, this will be a pretty slow worklog.

Here are a few pictures from todays progress.

I put in a Pioneer 860, will go active with it later or might switch it out for my 880.
I put a in Pioneer CD-IB100II for my 30 gig ipod video. I would also like to get a different adapter for the radio that looks better.

That is about it for today

Old 08-05-2009, 07:32 AM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

lol... you don't have to do 3,000,000 things in a day. I only do little bits at a time to my truck.

We're patient people here lol. Keep up the good work, and keep throwing pics at us lol.

Old 08-05-2009, 12:09 PM

Haha I know, I'm the same way with my Camaro. I know what I'd like to do and want to get it done. I'll keep posting pictures as I take tons of them.

Today I'm hoping to find my door trigger wires at the bcm, I know the Drivers is Tan and the Passengers is Orange, but I wasn't able to find them the other night.

Old 08-25-2009, 01:39 AM

Just bought these from Ludachrls83 today. It was weird that he had so many things that I needed/ wanted. He also included a Haynes manual with the OEM one.

Wonder if the change comes too?¿

Old 08-28-2009, 01:13 AM

My girlfriend and I just finished up building a 2 cubic foot box tuned to 35hz. It's all ready to go in, just have to make some beauty panels for it and order carpet.

I ordered a lot of stuff today, mostly bike parts, but I did get a few things for my Blazer. I bought 20 feet of 0 gauge, 27 feet of 1/2" and 20 feet of 3/8" techflex. Once I get all that I should be ready to wire up my amp.

For the visual guys

I got my turns signals in this afternoon

Last edited by sporty_drew; 08-28-2009 at 12:49 PM.
Old 08-28-2009, 02:12 PM
RangerG will become famous soon enoughRangerG will become famous soon enough

Lookin real good!

My build is a lot slower moving. I have to wait until next summer once I've payed it off. Then I can start doing more stuff to it.

So on your Blazer (and mine) what is that second slot in the signal lights for? Is that for an optional fog light or something? I just realized today that it doesnt do anything when you signal.

Old 08-28-2009, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by RangerG
Lookin real good!

My build is a lot slower moving. I have to wait until next summer once I've payed it off. Then I can start doing more stuff to it.

So on your Blazer (and mine) what is that second slot in the signal lights for? Is that for an optional fog light or something? I just realized today that it doesnt do anything when you signal.
Thanks, I outright bought mine since it only went up to 2500. I know how you feel tho, I finally decided to just pay off my Camaro.

It's for a fog. I'm thinking I might get some clear ones with fogs later.

Last edited by sporty_drew; 08-28-2009 at 05:25 PM.
Old 08-28-2009, 03:02 PM
BF Veteran
CraigSnedeker will become famous soon enoughCraigSnedeker will become famous soon enough

Nice corners!