Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

◄[Project((s)s) double, sometimes triple vision]►

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2011, 07:25 PM
Blazin_Jason will become famous soon enough

Still working on the box for these 8's, bit of a challenge. Finally got my wire in after waiting almost 3 months of trying to order, all good now. Still have to remove the speakers and 2 chan amp from my jimmy for the blazer. Since I will be taking the 100.2, I bought a 100.4 to replace it! New grant wheel will be going into my jimmy. No progress on v8 ;(

Old 09-06-2011, 10:58 PM
Brian_D will become famous soon enoughBrian_D will become famous soon enough

Where you going to install the cat?

:P

Old 09-06-2011, 11:05 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

In the box where the speakers go Lol

Old 09-07-2011, 12:09 AM

Originally Posted by Brian_D
Where you going to install the cat?

:P
duurrr after the y-pipe before the muffla!

Old 09-07-2011, 12:12 AM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Blazin_Jason
duurrr after the y-pipe before the muffla!

i would of never thought of that LOLLOLOLOL

Old 01-15-2012, 08:00 PM

No pics, but whatever right! Bought a set of edelbrock rpm heads for the jimmy. Still slowly gathering parts for that swap. Went over to my dad's today to see if the 350 blazer still started. Cleaned up the leaves around it and tossed in a battery. After a few seconds she lit right up, even though it hadn't been started in 3 years or so. Plan to go back next weekend and hopefully bleed the brakes and put the DS back in. If I can get that done I will be able to drive it home to work on the wiring etc. So even though it's not much, it's more than I've done in a long time!

Old 01-17-2012, 10:37 PM
ohsofly will become famous soon enoughohsofly will become famous soon enough

The blue dash looks awesome! What did you have to fix inside it? I opened mine up and got scared so I bought a refurbished one online for 200 bucks.

Props on the flush mount CD player, that looks sick! I have mine stuck out about 2 inches and its still a tight squeeze.

Old 01-18-2012, 08:35 PM

The speedo would cut in and out from time to time. Most the time it was fine, but was still an issue. I took the "power supply" board off the main board. Couldn't see any cold solder joints, but I went ahead and reflowed all the connections. So far so good!

I cut/notched out the air ducts in behind the deck. This deck is a little deeper and even with the dash kit that sticks out, wouldn't fit right. So I had to do something with it anyways. I just like this better. Even if I still haven't actually finished wiring the deck

Old 01-18-2012, 09:12 PM
BF Guru

Hey jason did you use 3mm or 5mm leds for the tail lights ?

Im making my own boards

Old 01-19-2012, 12:16 AM

I used superflux led's, which are made my philips/lumiled. The LED's I used are no longer readily available. There are other alternatives however, such as these. Or use good quality 5mm led's. The board material can be bought from many places. I got mine from BHK. This is what the back of the boards look like.

Quick Reply: ◄[Project((s)s) double, sometimes triple vision]►