Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

04 4dr 4wd build/rebuild

Old 01-01-2017, 07:45 PM
Starting Member
DARK1 is on a distinguished road

Read through the whole build and when you got to the LEDs I was hoping for something on the "quad-mod" you mentioned in the first couple of pages.

I've heard about the "quad-mod" but just can't figure out which two wires to tie together comin off the Hi/Low dimmer switch.

Last edited by DARK1; 01-02-2017 at 01:56 PM.
Old 01-02-2017, 02:27 PM
Starting Member

Thank you Blazin_Red_4x4

I am still feeling my way along on this forum. I just realized it started in April of 2014! This single "Build Thread" was not only educational but offered a lot of insights that I may have stumbled on later but now I have a sharper idea of how I want to progress with my Blazer.

Mine is older and a lot of stuff may not swap out from my local salvage yard. I am happy to have spent the time to read all the posts.

Now I want two Blazers. One for everyday driving and commuting - reeal purdy but no bling.
The other just for off road fun (maybe not pretty but a real work horse)

Old 01-05-2017, 01:01 AM
error_401 is on a distinguished road

Love the thread.

I'm in the midst of a 1994 TBI 4.3 V6 rebuild - actually build. If you want to exchange some ideas and know-how PM me.

Marc

Old 02-11-2017, 01:29 AM
LoneWolf71 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Where are ya Red?

Awesome thread! Are you still around Red?

Old 02-11-2017, 11:29 AM
blazen_red_4x4 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by LoneWolf71
Awesome thread! Are you still around Red?
Thanks!

Oh yeah I'm still trolling around here on the forums lol, just haven't been on too much recently. I put some Blazer projects on hold while I work on another project, a custom PC within a glass topped desk build :P And last week the wife went into the hospital so that has kept me off the forum for the most of the week

I've actually got some maintenance to do to her 2010 Elantra before I put more work into the Blazer; have some new 18" wheels to put on it since it's about due for tires anyhow, and it needs brakes so I'm going all out and putting drilled and slotted rotors with ceramic pads on it (need it, definitely not, looks cool though lol) and painting the calipers a bright pink (her choice, not mind...) since they'll show through the wheels lol. Needs the serpentine belt replaced, and I have a suspicion it's due for plugs...

The Blazer on the other hand is doing great! I took the extra wheel spacers off the other week, sucked the tires in about an inch and a half. The current tires are just not tall enough to justify the wide stance and it looked a little odd... One of the wheel spacers must have been off-center though because the darn thing rides better and smoother now lol. No complaints about that! The only thing I need to really dig into on it is the sloppy steering and drifting it has right now, and I suspect the idler arm, but I haven't even looked yet...

Old 02-11-2017, 11:44 AM
chevyriders is on a distinguished road

DARK1, If you're still trying to figure out the quad beam mod, all you have to do is ground this wire out

I grounded it right to the radiator support and soldered it into the yellow wire

Hope that helps!

Truck looks great blazenred!

Last edited by chevyriders; 02-11-2017 at 11:47 AM.
Old 02-11-2017, 06:12 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by chevyriders
DARK1, If you're still trying to figure out the quad beam mod, all you have to do is ground this wire out
I grounded it right to the radiator support and soldered it into the yellow wire

Hope that helps!
Truck looks great blazenred!
Thanx Chevyriders
Swartikk straightened me out. The 95/96 are very odd. They don't even have a yellow wire there. The DRL was just as queer. The last oddball thing to overcome in the dark one's wiring is killing the dome/courtesy lights without pulling a fuse

Old 02-14-2017, 02:26 PM
LoneWolf71 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by blazen_red_4x4
Thanks!

Oh yeah I'm still trolling around here on the forums lol, just haven't been on too much recently. I put some Blazer projects on hold while I work on another project, a custom PC within a glass topped desk build :P And last week the wife went into the hospital so that has kept me off the forum for the most of the week

I've actually got some maintenance to do to her 2010 Elantra before I put more work into the Blazer; have some new 18" wheels to put on it since it's about due for tires anyhow, and it needs brakes so I'm going all out and putting drilled and slotted rotors with ceramic pads on it (need it, definitely not, looks cool though lol) and painting the calipers a bright pink (her choice, not mind...) since they'll show through the wheels lol. Needs the serpentine belt replaced, and I have a suspicion it's due for plugs...

The Blazer on the other hand is doing great! I took the extra wheel spacers off the other week, sucked the tires in about an inch and a half. The current tires are just not tall enough to justify the wide stance and it looked a little odd... One of the wheel spacers must have been off-center though because the darn thing rides better and smoother now lol. No complaints about that! The only thing I need to really dig into on it is the sloppy steering and drifting it has right now, and I suspect the idler arm, but I haven't even looked yet...
Gotta make the wife happy and safe! lol I have really enjoyed reading your thread man! I was thinking about getting spacers, but maybe not so much now. You are a man of vision!

Old 04-03-2017, 07:10 PM
BF Veteran
DonL is on a distinguished road

love the ride... everything looks great, was just wondering how much the "quad-mod" actually do for sights? have you had any issues with your torsion key tightening?

Old 04-04-2017, 07:25 AM
Tajohns34 is on a distinguished road

the Quad mod makes a major difference at night.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 04 4dr 4wd build/rebuild