Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

1994 v8 4x4 s10 blazer tahoe

Old 12-25-2011, 01:09 PM
atvwarrior will become famous soon enough

Yea I have a ton of pictures , the firewall is far from being complete , but it should look awesome when its done . I'm going to diamond plate the fire wall and front floor boards to help disperse the heat . And the diamond plate will be bolted so I can still get in there . Right now I need to find headers and I want them to go on the outside of the frame , I'm not sure if I can get the bends I need with the shorty headers . And there is a kit on ebay that you weld together yourself , but they come pre bent so I would have to make them completly different .

Old 12-25-2011, 03:20 PM

We had to trim the fire wall abit
I love this blazer

Old 12-25-2011, 03:37 PM

Sorry I figured out how to resize the pictures and got a little over confident , I guess . Could someone please fix the pictures so they are in a row , so that I can edit them and explain why I took them .

Old 12-26-2011, 01:06 PM
Beginning Member
coop22 is on a distinguished road

looking good bud,

Old 12-26-2011, 02:17 PM
war00 is on a distinguished road

awsome!!!

Old 12-26-2011, 07:26 PM
Brian_D will become famous soon enoughBrian_D will become famous soon enough

Clean

Old 12-27-2011, 02:09 PM

The only bad thing about this project is that its all I think about , even in my sleep . My main tasks at hand right now are the headers , Transfer case , and driveshafts , and fire wall . For the headers I ordered a 302 weld your own header kit from ebay and 10 ft of 1 5/8 tube . The transfer case is not to bad but I got ahead of myself so I have to take the cross member out in order to mate it with the transmission , then it will go back in with about 1 1/2 inches of clearance . The drive shafts will be made by my friend at work , after I figure out what I need . And I'm going to built a diamond plate fire wall and shift lever perch for a b&m ratchet shifter . It looks great in my head , so we'll see . I will get better pictures today I have the engine in and timed and started on some wiring .

Old 12-30-2011, 11:48 AM

Well I pulled the engine back out , when I was turning it over with a ratchet I could feel a slight catch , that I didn't feel before . So I pulled the plugs it was still there , pulled the valve covers and loosend the rocker arms and still there . I then attatched the engine back to the stand and took it back in the heated part of my shop , and tore the oil pan off to check for binding rods or something , but all was good . Then pulled the heads off and found a little chunk of metal , it must have been in the head and when I was turning it over the valve opened up and let it fall onto the piston . It didn't hurt anything but man I'm glad I felt it . I do have the engine almost back in , but the tansfer case is just barely hitting the torsion bar and cocking the transmission just enough to not let the bolt go through the motor mounts .

Old 01-01-2012, 12:12 PM

Last night we got the engine mounted in , made the rear drive shaft , and mounted fan and radiator.

It don't look half bad in there .

Today I'm going to get the starter in and do some wiring , and install the rear drive shaft . I ordered a header kit from jegs that will come out on the outside of the frame , they should be here monday or tuesday . When this engine was in our plow truck it was running on 7 cylinders with crappy stock exhaust and it sounded great , and had tons of power . I can't wait to hear it run , Happy New Years everyone .

Old 01-01-2012, 11:24 PM

I'm so happy today I installed the starter and a bunch of other wiring and I have power . Gas lines are hooked up , made front drive shaft .

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 1994 v8 4x4 s10 blazer tahoe