Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

1995 POSibility

Old 05-02-2015, 10:06 AM
TZFBird is on a distinguished road

Connected my handy new bluetooth scanner with the Torque App. Turns out I have a P0122 TPS code as well as O2 Rich. Sort of explains why it acts and smells rich even though there is no SES light. Wish I would have found this sooner. No other scanners have gave this information. So today's project besides bodywork is to get that figured out.
If its not one thing it's another with this Blazer. I think it hates me.

Old 05-04-2015, 07:31 AM

Had someone lined up to look at the Blazer this weekend. They were no-show but I did get some bodywork done and a bit of the interior put back together. I guess this gives me a chance to give the frame a quick coating to make it look better. I couldn't find anything with the TPS which has me worried.

Old 06-30-2015, 11:00 AM

I'm pushing on with this thing. Turned in an order for a reman spider injector assembly and the condensor to evaporator AC line. So far the port on that was leaking. If I can get that replaced and the AC charged this might be the first time I've had AC in a vehicle for the last 4 years... it's going to be great.
I was hesitant about fixing it before since it's been running hot lately due to running lean because the injector poppets are completely trashed.

I'm real close to being done rattle-canning all the mismatched body panels. The paint quality sucks but I'm learning how to do very basic bodywork which will only help me down the road with other vehicles I have wanted to work on for a long time. Finished pics will follow.

Old 07-29-2015, 01:50 PM

The reman spider took care of a lot of problems.
I fixed one leak on the AC but the compressor seal is bad so... I'll worry about it if I need to.
I'm ready to clear the drivers rocker and passenger front fender. After that it's ready to go up for sale. Overall it's been a relatively good vehicle and I would keep it except that I just need something bigger that can haul dirt/rocks/branches.

It wasn't until the other day that I figured out why the dome light is always on. The bulb was missing when I became the owner and I quickly found out why. I suppose I'll pull out the rear door jamb switches and see which one is bad.

Old 08-07-2015, 10:16 PM
Ricco is on a distinguished road

Did you figured out ur tps issue?

Old 08-10-2015, 12:47 PM

Yes, it turned out the pigtail on the wire harness for the TPS was bad and I spliced on a new pigtail and the problem was gone. I had previously replaced the TPS because when the idle speed would increase, I could wiggle the TPS connector and the idle speed would drop back to normal.

I need to get some updated pictures loaded. Gotta share all the rattle-can painting I've been doing lately.

Old 08-10-2015, 03:14 PM
Ricco is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by TZFBird
Yes, it turned out the pigtail on the wire harness for the TPS was bad and I spliced on a new pigtail and the problem was gone. I had previously replaced the TPS because when the idle speed would increase, I could wiggle the TPS connector and the idle speed would drop back to normal.
I need to get some updated pictures loaded. Gotta share all the rattle-can painting I've been doing lately.
Glad u got it fixed, mines did the same but it wasn't the plug, it ended up being the blue and gray tps wire being shorted out between the firewall and back of 5 cylinder area. I snip the wires at tps and ran new wires to the ecm and that fixed it. This code can be a hard one to solve, I almost took it to a mechanic shop man.

Old 10-04-2015, 08:27 AM

Intake maifold started leaking again. So I get to change the gaskets again. I'm tired of fighting this thing. I did do some reading and apparently the non adjustable distributor can be adjusted if I just cut off the hold down and use a different one. Maybe that will fix the constant -20* of timing it is running.

Old 10-13-2015, 07:59 AM

SOLD!

It was nice being on here but I was asking way to many technical questions. Thank you for all the help.