Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

2002 Xtreme V8 LS swap

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2009, 08:55 PM
Xtremechubs is an unknown quantity at this point

i got the heads installed and torqued down i put the intake on to take some pictures of the motor

Old 09-11-2009, 03:28 AM

i got the front drive accessories installed tonight it makes the motor look complete i have to get a different harmonic balancer because the crank snout is shorter on this motor then the new LS2 vette so i have to get a different balancer i think the LS1 vette balancer might work here are some pics of whats wrong with the balancer and the front drive accessories on it...

This should be flush and its about a half of an inch to 3/4 of an inch away from being seated and its touching the motor

Here is the drive accessories

Old 09-11-2009, 06:50 AM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

It's coming along nicely! Can't wait til you're done.

Old 09-11-2009, 10:16 AM
Starting Member
klote82 is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow i cant believe i missed this thread. black and yellow is one of the best color combos.

Old 09-11-2009, 01:03 PM
okvortec is on a distinguished road

Nice!!!!!!

Old 09-11-2009, 01:39 PM
Unlimitedsp is on a distinguished road

Looking real good!

Old 09-16-2009, 07:50 AM

some updates on the blazer i took the LS2 corvette harmonic balancer back and got an LS1 covette harmonic balancer with the difference in price $189 for the LS2 and $77 for the LS1 balancer i bought a Graphite armrest and a GMPP catalog and they gave me $26 bucks back it was pretty nice. Well i got the GMPP catalog and the front drive accessory kit that i bought part # 19155067 has a suggested harmonic balancer and a part # 12620556 well thats not the LS1 corvette balancer so hopefully it will work but well see. I also ordered the roller rockers from Texas Speed and Performance i got the harland sharp 1.7's it should show up sometime today.... Here's some pics

I was thinking about painting the harmonic balancer yellow what do you guys think i was just looking at the motor and i noticed eveything was black and silver and i don't really have a whole lot of plans for alot of yellow but i'm open for suggestions good or bad

Old 09-16-2009, 09:20 AM
Unlimitedsp is on a distinguished road

A little yellow would def. give it a nice touch.

Old 09-16-2009, 06:13 PM

Well the fuel rails, valve covers, throttle body, throttle cable bracket, the harmonic balancer, the computer and the fuse relay center all color matched yellow... I think this is what i'm going to do the harmonic balancer is a toss up.

Old 09-17-2009, 12:41 PM

i got the rocker arms in today from texas speed i ordered it 2 days ago and it showed up today at 11:30 now all i need to do is get the prep work all done on all the parts i want to paint then buy the fuel lines, trans, radiator set up, get the headers recoated, buy the wheels i want...

Quick Reply: 2002 Xtreme V8 LS swap