Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

2002 Xtreme V8 LS swap

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2010, 08:40 PM
RangerG will become famous soon enoughRangerG will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by MTopper
i lied, its in the same spot now. idk whats up but oh well... give me 10 grand and i'll do it haha
If I had 10 grand I would!

Old 06-20-2010, 01:11 AM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough

twin turbo sounds like more fun to me but... v8 with a 6 speed would also be fun so

Old 07-05-2010, 01:39 AM
Xtremechubs is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Some updates

I've been way busy and i'm starting to get some stuff knocked out on my list. I finally got my transmission and bellhousing with the shifter. Some of the stuff on the build has changed the Sanderson Shorty headers i had i traded and i am going to be going with either custom built longtubes or i am going to go with BRP's new inside the frame long tubes. I emailed one of the guys that works with BRP and they are wanting to test fit the longtubes on the blazers i told him that i would help and see if they fit. Current Performance had a last run on his longtubes and i wanted to get them but they were gone fast and $1100 i might add so if the guy from BRP doesn't get back with me then i will probably be fabbin up my own set.

Last edited by Xtremechubs; 07-05-2010 at 01:42 AM.
Old 07-05-2010, 02:15 AM
BF Veteran

that would explain your long absence. sounds fun

Old 07-18-2010, 01:02 AM

I have been doing some research and i found an instrument cluster that has the same connector that i would actually like to have in my blazer. The Trailblazer SS instrument cluster has a higher speed and i like the tach don't know about it being a different color but its the best thing i can think of without completely redoing the wiring. What do you guys think?

the cluster looks like it would fit with little modification to the dash.

06 Trailblazer SS pinout

02 S10 Blazer pinout

Last edited by Xtremechubs; 07-18-2010 at 01:07 AM.
Old 07-18-2010, 01:07 AM
BF Veteran

so how much work is involved in making the gauges work? or is it a direct plug in?

i know you have to fix the mounting points but i mean the plug

Old 07-18-2010, 01:21 AM

Well there is a guy on the S10 forum that wired in a Full size chevy silverado instrument cluster it has the same connector as the S10 and he had a 4.3 and he got it to work. I was going to just repin the connector to the TBSS and see if it works... From the wiring diagrams i looked up on the internal instrument cluster the Class 2 serial data port runs fuel level, coolant temp and oil pressure. The only thing i'm pretty sure would be wrong is the fuel level the resistance from the tanks are different from a TBSS to a S10 Blazer but maybe Jared at current performance can make it work. From what i know the class 2 serial data just has the info on it and the instrument cluster translates that into movement of the arm the computer isn't telling the gauge to move a certain degree. Sorry to answer your question the connector comes apart and then you just put the correct wire in the proper spot for the TBSS..

Last edited by Xtremechubs; 07-18-2010 at 01:23 AM.
Old 07-18-2010, 01:27 AM
BF Veteran

ok, i like the style of the tbss better than ours but thats too in depth for me right now. i'd mess it up somehow. good luck with it

Old 07-18-2010, 01:35 AM

Yeah ill get it figured out i found one brand new with 0 miles for $350 so it may not be in there initially after the swap is done but they will be going in for sure.

Old 07-18-2010, 02:27 AM
RangerG will become famous soon enoughRangerG will become famous soon enough

I really like that cluster. Not sure why they went with white for the tach though.

Also, even my speedo goes higher than that in my stock Blazer!

(km's)

Quick Reply: 2002 Xtreme V8 LS swap