Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

2004 Trailblazer LT Small build

Old 04-05-2016, 08:13 PM
konfettix13 is on a distinguished road

The waiting game

Old 04-05-2016, 08:50 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Thogert
Ooohhh, you made your own then?

Originally Posted by konfettix13
The waiting game
And its just that, I hate the waiting game. I could have had these tail lights done a LOT faster if I did not salvage all the LEDs from my last build for this one instead of spending the 100 for 240 new ones.

They will be done soon, and then the world will see something that has not been done in a trailblazer yet. (that has been documented)

Old 04-05-2016, 10:07 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

Less talk more work!!

I reserve the right to harass you because I say I do just an fyi...

Old 04-05-2016, 10:23 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by rexmburns
Less talk more work!!

I reserve the right to harass you because I say I do just an fyi...
I tried to go down that road before on building tails for people.
First set went as planned, second set I built were for a 67 cutlass. Were supposed to be plug and play, reverse lights and tail/signal. reverse lights worked flawlessly. Buddy plugged them in and the immediately shorted out. Which with how i have them wired should be nearly impossible, the voltage regulator will go out before that cutting off power to the LED array.
Turns out that was the problem. So I told him that it is an issue with his car wiring and that I would replace the voltage regulator for free.
He never fixed the issue on his car claiming it was something i did. I told him no, it was his. Did that all over again.

FINALLY his "electrical guys" found a short in the tail light harness under the rear seat. by this time he was done. Asked for his money back and I told him I had done everything I could have done and told him what the problem was and that it was not my fault so I am not responsible to give him his money back. Even fixed the v-reg a few times for free.

LONG story short, I am only building anything LED for me LOL

Old 04-06-2016, 06:23 AM
Tajohns34 is on a distinguished road

Can't say I blame you.

Old 04-06-2016, 09:18 AM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

Oh so that's why you didn't want to trade me for a projector retro. Yeah that's messed up.

Old 04-06-2016, 12:18 PM
BF Veteran

Oh so that's why you didn't want to trade me for a projector retro. Yeah that's messed up.
LOL yup! Even though I know that you know what your doing for installing things.

It was insane, his lights were literally plug and play. I bought 1156 and 1157 blank bases and ran wires into them. All he had to do was plug them into the car. Simple, you would think.. LOL

Old 04-06-2016, 07:11 PM
BF Veteran

Drivers side about ready to be sealed up. Onto the passenger after this.
With the time I have to work on them, they should be in by the end of the month.

Attached Thumbnails 2004 Trailblazer LT Small build-d36531bc-0841-4d8f-aeee-c7c2d082835c_zpszvb80lki.jpg  
Old 04-07-2016, 06:08 PM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

Needs moar backup light!

Old 04-07-2016, 06:33 PM
BF Veteran

Needs moar backup light!
LOL! Those little Nichias are bright as hell!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2004 Trailblazer LT Small build