Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

420Blazin4x4

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2011, 06:30 PM
420Blazin4X4 is on a distinguished road

Finally after a good while of slowly getting to work on my Westin brush guard a short time once a week. I finally have it mounted on my ride.. Bedlined it and then glossed black and multiple coats of clear..
These pics are without headlight guards..Will be posting a pic with the guards later..However I did run into a problem while installing them..The passenger side bolt was giving me problems while tightening it down I hear a wierd sound and sure enough the little insert the bolt threads into is now spinning freely in the bar..So I cant tighten it or take it back out..Will have to cut it off this weekend and get the piece of bolt out ..Retap the threads and maybe some JB weld will hold the piece back in Im not sure...any ideas??

Old 11-22-2011, 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by El Diablo793
Yeah, what the heck! Why do we all live in Saginaw county? Its actually weird...I have a 2" PA body kit that needs to go on pronto- one of you guys should help me out perhaps? Hah! =]
Sorry man I never caught your post before ..Im kinda new to all the install kinda stuff that goes with a 4x4 But I will also need to install a 2 inch body lift in the near future..If I can be of any help in the future on your blazer let me know and if I can possibly help I would be happy to do so...I know there are moments and things I plan to do that an extra set of hands would sure be helpful...

Old 11-22-2011, 06:47 PM

Here is a pic with the light guards on...

Old 11-22-2011, 06:49 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

sweet looking rig

Old 11-22-2011, 07:26 PM
Mike98Blazer will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by 420Blazin4X4
Finally after a good while of slowly getting to work on my Westin brush guard a short time once a week. I finally have it mounted on my ride.. Bedlined it and then glossed black and multiple coats of clear..
These pics are without headlight guards..Will be posting a pic with the guards later..However I did run into a problem while installing them..The passenger side bolt was giving me problems while tightening it down I hear a wierd sound and sure enough the little insert the bolt threads into is now spinning freely in the bar..So I cant tighten it or take it back out..Will have to cut it off this weekend and get the piece of bolt out ..Retap the threads and maybe some JB weld will hold the piece back in Im not sure...any ideas??

You're saying the nutsert is spinning inside the brush guard? If so Cut the bolt out and get the nutsert out, you then have 2 options, us a bolt/nut with a lockwasher and maybe some loctite......OR my personal option (although it sucks because you just put so much work into paint and whatnot) weld a nut in place of the nutsert.

Old 11-23-2011, 09:59 AM

Thanks on that info Mike. Yes it the nutsert that is spinning free on the passenger side..while give your first suggestion a go this weekend..before I go with the welding idea..

Old 11-23-2011, 10:18 AM
Beginning Member
Blazer Spike is on a distinguished road

Looks good. The only thing I don't like are the turning lens, but other then that, I like it alot.

Old 11-23-2011, 06:48 PM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

wow, nice job on the guard...looking real good.

Old 11-28-2011, 10:51 AM
Starting Member
blazin=blazer is on a distinguished road

nice lookin blazer man.

Old 11-29-2011, 01:04 AM

Thanks guys... Much appreciated...Im a slow mover on mods due to the short amounts of time I get to work on it..Hopefully have something else to show in the next up coming weeks..

Quick Reply: 420Blazin4x4