Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

92 s10 blazer SAS conversion

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2014, 11:31 AM
Beginning Member
fixrupr95 is on a distinguished road
Default 92 s10 blazer SAS conversion

need some help on this ive been researching the hell out of it too but no real luck
im planning on doin a SAS conversion on my ride to make it a mudder (not like crawl through a lake but just trailer out and go play) and i know little to nothing about doing this swap i figured id find an old jeep and swap the axles and add this thing i found online
82-93 Chevy S10 Solid Axle Conversion (4wd) - Solid Axle Conversions
would this work for my build? anyhelp is appreciated
and my budget is about 1500 so i cant really pull stuff outof my *** for it

Old 11-01-2014, 05:10 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

If you haven't really found any info about it you haven't been looking long enough or hard enough! The web is filled with these swaps. To better help we need to know what your goals are tire size, engine mods, intended use etc. $1500 is pretty low to almost inpossible unless you can pull things out of you a** lol. If you want to use that kit (which will work) that's almost half your budget after shipping. If your just going to trailer your rig and beat on it I wouldn't even consider a D30 that comes under most jeeps look into a d44 you can find the best vehicles to find them in pretty easy. I spent about a year if hard research and parts gathering taking my time to find the best deals I could including buying the majority of my parts used and I'm sitting at about $3500 right now. Yes it can be done much cheaper than that if you've got thing you can use already or get the deal of a lifetime on everything. There are lots of little things you don't think about that will add up extremely quick like brakes, brake lines, steering and axle instal kits(spring perches and u bolts) plus a ton of other stuff. On top of that I haven't even mentioned wheels and tires yet! To help you get started with your research look through the stickies and build found here 4wd SFA - S-10 Forum there is a ton of info and everything you could ever need to know is here so please search and read ALOT before you get in over your head and abandon the project. Also read through the second gen builds as well because most everything overlaps as far as the swap.

Old 11-02-2014, 10:40 AM
Beginning Member
fixrupr95 is on a distinguished road

well im not planning on going big maybe 35 tires but thats not included in my budget and ive found d44 front and d60 rear w/ transfer case from a 59 f250 with a 6 inch lift for cheap and im planning on keeping my 4.3 considering it has low miles and runs amazing but would i need to rebuild my tranny? and would i still be able to use my 4x4 engagement on the floor or would i need to get a new one
ive looked for info on this since i got the truck but i havent found what i was looking for it was just pictures and people who know alot more than i do haha

Old 11-03-2014, 12:29 PM
BF Veteran
abig84 will become famous soon enoughabig84 will become famous soon enough

if you keep using your existing transfercase you can still use the floor shifter that is in the truck.

luckily when i did my swap on my 93 i was hording k5 blazer parts and i basically got my truck done for about $800. ended up at about 2,000 after the roll cage, different tires winch, and some other crap.

i made all my own brackets, but i would just buy a kit if i had to do it again.

i dont have the links saved anymore, but i just googled s10 sfa builds and found a bunch of threads with a lot of good info

Old 11-03-2014, 05:42 PM
Diaita will become famous soon enough

There are quite a few SAS on here. Everything from pretty redneck to very clean swaps.

Old 11-03-2014, 06:14 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

Diata is alive!!!