Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

95 S10 Blazer build

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2014, 07:48 PM
Starting Member
RMBlazernut is on a distinguished road
Default 95 S10 Blazer build

This is my second blazer build. . The first one didn't work out so great. I did a lot of work on it and really enjoyed driving it, but upon inspection from the frame shop it was found to have a busted frame..so bad that they recommended not to fix it. So I didn't want anyone else to have it in that condition I took everything I could off it and scraped it..I recently found another 95 2 door flor sale so I bought I it, but it haks some issues also. I put those issues in the tech section so I won't go into them here. Anyway the main thinga I want to do is mainly cosematic..roof rack, front bumper guard, paint, wheels and tires. As soon as I upload pics to my tablet I will post them.

Rick

Old 01-23-2014, 08:09 PM
Starting Member

Before I post pics I want to give a history of this blazer. It hasn't ran since 2009. The guy I bought it from said he got it from a couple that used it on a paper route and they said it overheated and it hasn't ran right since. I did a compression check on the cylinders and the compression was good on all cylinders. My thought on the overheating issue is one of a few things..lean condition on injectors, O2 sensor. I plans are to change the intake manifold gasket(might as well I'm changing the injectors), change the O2 sensor, and exhaust gaskets. The truck runs but is sluggish and smokes and smells of gasoline. Hopefully this fixes the driveability issues. Pics to come very soon.

Rick

Old 01-24-2014, 07:10 PM
Starting Member

Tomorrow I am going to do a fuel pressure test on the truck. I will brave to cold and get some picsnwith my tablet..I have pics of it already justndont have the right cables to transfer

Old 01-25-2014, 05:36 PM
Starting Member

I did my pressure test today..not good..i have a fuel leak somewhere ..im thinking its in the plenium, but i did get pics .

this is the only rust spot i have to fix

when i start fixing things i will post more pics

Rick

Attached Thumbnails 95 S10 Blazer build-truckpics004_zpsda30ada4.jpg   95 S10 Blazer build-truckpics002_zpsd8d5c048.jpg   95 S10 Blazer build-truckpics001_zps69409eb8.jpg  
Old 01-25-2014, 05:43 PM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

could be more rust when you take the running boards off

Old 01-25-2014, 05:47 PM
Starting Member

I've already had them off to check. Really solid under them which I'm surprised that there wasn't any rust under them

Rick

Old 02-15-2014, 05:27 AM
Starting Member

Temps are finally coming up in Michigan so hopefully let the build begin..good news is over the winter months I managed to save up a nice little cash pile to use on this build first step get her running good

Rick

Old 02-15-2014, 06:48 AM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

good plan, get her running good first!

Old 02-26-2014, 06:46 AM
Starting Member

I have decided I dont want these running boards on the truck so this weekend I will be pulling them off.going to replace them with nerf bars

Rick

Old 02-27-2014, 08:34 PM
Starting Member
dragoon1101 is on a distinguished road
Default :P

good idea on the running boards i personally dont like them there are the standard nerf bars for the 2 door s10 but i found some off a s10 pickup extended cab (with the third door ) and put them on mine had to make brackets for the back but they fit great i have a pic of them in my photos on here ill get some more this weekend and post them in there of how we mounted them if your interested if not go with the ones made for the 2 door ... :P your choice

Quick Reply: 95 S10 Blazer build