Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Beats a Jeep any day (Pic heavy)

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2012, 02:12 PM
Beginning Member
95offroadhopeful is on a distinguished road

Just a question. Why do the Bravada axle shaft? Is it more dependable?

Old 08-20-2012, 09:07 PM
gitch93 is on a distinguished road

ya im wondering the same? where does it actually hook on to or replace on the jimmys or blazers

Old 08-20-2012, 10:14 PM
Beginning Member
SnowBlaZeR2 is on a distinguished road

More reliable and more durable also. The stock passenger axle is a two piece that locks together using a vacuum actuated cable. Not only are they weak, but you are relying on sufficient vacuum to lock in your 4wd. With the AWD Bravada shaft, the axle is a one piece and always locked in so that when you put your truck in 4wd and the transfer case engages you know you have 4wd. I was having issues with the vacuum not locking the axle, so I installed the Bravada shaft. It was a pretty easy job, and just replaces the old two piece shaft. There's tons of info on it including a write up over on Zr2usa.com if anyone is thinking of doing the swap.

Last edited by SnowBlaZeR2; 08-20-2012 at 10:17 PM.
Old 08-22-2012, 09:21 PM
Beginning Member

Wow. Anyone having issues with cooling, AC or 4wd I recommend an electric fan and Bravada shaft. My truck sat and idled for close to an hour with the air on and temp never went above the set kick on for the fans. Not only that, but it was about 90 outside. I don't know the temp inside but I got cold wearing a hoodie going to the gym. The 4wd is working like it's supposed to and I don't have to hope when I press 4hi anymore. Best $30 I've spent on my truck in years, probably ever.

Also hardwired my phone with the torque and topo apps, and my Garmin. It's nice just turning my truck on without worrying about plugging in a thousand different devices. Still need to track down the play in my steering and the issue with my KCs. Only a few more small things before I start to piece together parts for the next big project.

Old 08-22-2012, 09:57 PM
gitch93 is on a distinguished road

can u show me how u did the electric fan swap and how u wired it. i been really wanting to loose my stock fan and free up some hp and such. also what year intrepid did u use it from? thx

Old 08-23-2012, 10:25 PM
Beginning Member

dodge intrepid e-fan swap - Zr2USA.com

Most of what I did is discussed in this thread. I did a few things different, mostly in the wiring. Also, I didn't remove the radiator or the AC compressor. The way I mounted it is a bit different. I just bent some metal tabs and bolted them down where the shroud bolts in. Still used aluminum angle on the bottom. For wiring it up, I just used a simple on/off switch, a 60a relay and fuse and a cheap thermo switch from O'Reilly. The fan comes on at 205, and I can kill it whenever I need to. I still need to tap into the AC line, but I'm not worried about it for now. I also will be cleaning up the wiring and running a fuse block when I tear it apart for the KC issue.

Take a look at that thread and this wiring diagram, and let me know if you have any questions or need any pictures and I'll do what I can to help. This diagram is a little different than the way I did mine, but it's what I based it off of. I went very basic and didn't add a lot of what's in there, although I might down the road.

Name:  electric-fan-relay-diagram-auto-fan-wiring.gif
Views: 164
Size:  12.2 KB

Old 08-23-2012, 10:26 PM
Beginning Member

Oh yeah and the fan was pulled from a late 90s/early 00s Intrepid.

Old 08-25-2012, 02:39 AM
dustinhxc is on a distinguished road

Sick job man ! Looks great!

Old 03-01-2015, 06:28 PM
Beginning Member

After spending about two years in Afghanistan and getting fed up with the Blazer's weak front end, I decided I needed a new daily driver.

Next step for the Blazer is a D44 swap.

Attached Thumbnails Beats a Jeep any day (Pic heavy)-10031798364.jpg   Beats a Jeep any day (Pic heavy)-10031798579.jpg   Beats a Jeep any day (Pic heavy)-10031798692.jpg  
Old 03-01-2015, 06:45 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

The Yukon Denali is a nice truck for sure! I made a lot of really nice sports cars take notice when I kept up with them on a hot lap around Watkins Glen race track.

Quick Reply: Beats a Jeep any day (Pic heavy)