Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

black or white nerf bars

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2009, 05:27 PM
blazerguy22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default black or white nerf bars

okay so as most of you guys know my blazer is white with blue and red vinyl decals and black tint. i happened across some nerf bars at my shop they are pretty scratched up so im going to be sanding them and painting them. since the overall color of my truck is white i was thinking about painting the nerf bars white and since the step pads are black to go with the look of the truck what do you guys think? either way they need repainted the chrome is so messed up its not even funny. so like i said white with the black step to go along with the look of the truck or flat black with the black step?

Old 07-28-2009, 05:50 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Hmmm...tough call. I'd like to see the white. It would go with the truck more IMO, but black is also good lol. I can see your dilemma.

Old 07-28-2009, 06:09 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

I think white would look better, it wouldn't stick out as much... the black step pad is ok, seeing as you can't paint that.

Old 07-28-2009, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by oktain
I think white would look better, it wouldn't stick out as much... the black step pad is ok, seeing as you can't paint that.
oh i can paint the step pad but id be using it and a white step pad would get extremely dirty

Old 07-29-2009, 02:31 AM
foxxie is on a distinguished road

I would go white with the black step pads, i think it would go well with the rest of your white & black [tints ,tyres, mirrors& bumper trim] theme.

Old 07-29-2009, 02:36 AM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road

I agree - white on white! (wow! that's the name of a song from the 60's - shows how old I am) Go white!

Old 07-29-2009, 07:18 AM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by blazerguy22
oh i can paint the step pad but id be using it and a white step pad would get extremely dirty
what kind of paint would you be using? I can see it wearing off the plastic after repeatedly being stepped on after a while then looking like . Just my $0.02.

Old 07-29-2009, 10:54 AM

there is a special adhesion promoter out there tht shops use to paint those types of plastic thing is its expensive and a white step pad would look good for about a week then look like complete shiz which is why i never entertained the idea

Old 07-29-2009, 11:33 AM
turtlehumper2000 is on a distinguished road

its just me but i would like to see it black i think black nerf bars would look awesome under a white truck plus it will go with the subtle black on white theme you got wont be to flashy but still work well with the whole color scheme. Where i think white would just blend in and not add to the overall look. Just my opinion thoug everyone else seems to think the total opposite LOL

Old 09-06-2009, 09:15 PM
amazinnblazin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by turtlehumper2000
its just me but i would like to see it black i think black nerf bars would look awesome under a white truck plus it will go with the subtle black on white theme you got wont be to flashy but still work well with the whole color scheme. Where i think white would just blend in and not add to the overall look. Just my opinion thoug everyone else seems to think the total opposite LOL
^^^^^^^^
What he said