Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

The Incredible Hulk.

Old 05-16-2010, 06:49 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light
Default The Incredible Hulk.

ok, so i've finally gotten around to starting a build thread! (i know, it seems like i've been saying i was gonna start one for awhile now.)

so with today being a super nice day around my parts, and me having out my tools (doing coils & plugs on a neighbours Tribute), i figured it was about time i did some under coating, rocker guard treatment, and i finally took the whole 7 minutes to install my HID kit (thanks Pat, aka oktain )

now i know some of you (probably alot actually) are wondering about the build title.........i figured it was well suited to my truck, and here's why.......................it's a little Blazer (like Bruce Banner), but when you **** it off (or the driver) it'll show ya you don't wanna mess with it (or the driver). and it's never let me down when i've called upon it. be it pulling someone/thing out of a spot, trudging through the onslaught of a crapy Winters storm in the middle of the night, or simply playing where i shouldn't be.

it was either that, or i call this build thread "The Money Pit"........and the wife sure as hell didn't want me jinxing the truck now!

so here a few pic's of what i've done today.

the last pic is of the HID kit (passenger side) compared to the 65W APC Ultra White (simulated) HID bulbs i had in there before (drivers side). it may not seem like a big difference in the pic, but i sure can tell the difference in person. i'm gonna have to go out tonight and get a pic to compare them to the APC bulbs i had in there.

i've also put my colours on it (BF.com), and my "team recovery" on the back window. installed my lights for the trailer hitch, and the "bling" bars (for my daughter), but all that was done awhile ago.

while i have a pretty good list of mods all played out in my mind, the lack of work over the last 1 1/2 years has kinda put a few of them on the back burner (moderate lift, and a couple of custom one-off pieces), none the less, i hope to tackle a few soon.

Old 05-16-2010, 07:08 PM
Starting Member
chiefum is on a distinguished road

Looking good........how are you liking the HIDs?

Old 05-16-2010, 08:58 PM
84BlazerS10 is on a distinguished road

looking good

Old 05-16-2010, 09:42 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

Looks good... Makes me wanna update my build thread

Old 05-16-2010, 11:32 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by chiefum
Looking good........how are you liking the HIDs?
I'M LUVIN' THEM!

i went out a little while ago (to compare them to the APC's i had in there before), snap a few pic's & pick up a XL double chesse pizza (man i hate when you get those cravings! ).

but i'm a little pissed now that i have them in the truck, for a couple of reasons.................

first, i thought i had solved the issue with my HL's being outta alignment, when i put in my APC bulbs, but these HID's are only hitting about 25 yards in front of the truck-right in the same spot as my factory fog lights! so........now i need to bring my socket to adjust them tomorrow. hopefully it'll still be dark enough when i leave for work in the morning.

second, while i was out and noticed that the lights weren't hitting far enough away, i flicked on my HB's.............holy s**t! they're freakin' pale yellow (they were actually "white" compared to the factory bulbs!).

so now i need to get me a kit for the HB as well. probably get a pair for the factory fog's too.

great, more money!

anyways...........here's a few pic's,

the APC's..................

the HIDextra system...........

sorry for the fuzzyness of a few of those pic's, but my POS-i mean P & S-needs serviced (it gets funny when taking low-light pic's lately).

Last edited by old skool luvr; 05-16-2010 at 11:35 PM. Reason: fixed thumbnails
Old 05-17-2010, 02:58 PM
Starting Member
chiefum is on a distinguished road

Yeah...............after I did my HID's I wondered why I didn't do them sooner.

Old 05-17-2010, 03:54 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Glad those HID's worked out... I'm trying to decide if I should bother keeping the HID's in the Sierra or not... should know by the end of the week after some thought lmao. I'll let you know.

Old 05-17-2010, 06:53 PM
BF Guru

thanks Pat, i'll be waiting. how are you enjoying Sadie?

someone was asking about balast placement on these trucks, figured i'd throw up a pic or two for them (probably the same spot everyone else put them anyways).

Old 05-17-2010, 07:06 PM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough

Nice build so far! Makes me want to spend the $317 for 3 HID kits.

Old 06-21-2010, 06:44 PM
BF Guru

so......i'd like to take this opportunity to thank Pat (oktain) for his generous contribution to my project...............he sold me his other HID kit on Thursday (which arrived just after lunch today Pat-talk about express delivery!).

so here's a few pic's, gonna go out later when it gets dark, check the alignment on them, snap a few more of HIGH & LOW to compare to those APC's i had in there.

so thanks again Pat, maybe we'll do coffee again when you travel down this way. hope you managed to get outta town before the Friday night rush started.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The Incredible Hulk.