Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Cummins swap

Old 02-07-2011, 02:46 AM
Beginning Member
94BlazerDazer is on a distinguished road
Default Cummins swap

Just wondering if a 4bt or 6bt cummins would drop down in a 1994 s10 blazer 4x4?

Please help bc i really wanna try it!!

and also im looking for about a 4 or 6 inch lift so if any good deals let me know

Thanks

Old 02-07-2011, 03:35 AM
cochran07 is an unknown quantity at this point

I've seen a 4bt in a ranger before. Would it fit? Sure. But I hope you have deep pockets and some great fab skills.

Old 02-07-2011, 05:24 AM
Beginning Member

yea i got a diesel buddy that could do it for me.

i might just end up going with a 350.

I just need more power!

Old 02-07-2011, 06:53 AM
cochran07 is an unknown quantity at this point

Id love to see a 4 or 6 bt swap on a blazer. But like I said... deep pockets unless you can fab all your mounts and brackets. But you still need an engine and tranny which as we all know cummins stuff isn't cheap.

Old 02-07-2011, 02:33 PM
shligger is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by 94BlazerDazer
yea i got a diesel buddy that could do it for me.

i might just end up going with a 350.

I just need more power!
How much power are you looking for? Even though a Blazer is a light-duty truck, it can tow up to 5000 pounds. If you want more power, trade in your Blazer and buy a bigger truck and save yourself a lot of money. If you want speed, you could get a 350 but it won't be sporty.

Old 02-07-2011, 06:53 PM
Beginning Member

Really all I want is something diffrent than everyone else has done. Alot of people have 350 blazers but I have only saw a couple diesel s10 blazers on youtube I think it would be awesome to roal coal in a s10 blazer! And the buddy I was talking about can save me money bc he can fab everthing up. he works on diesels

Old 02-08-2011, 12:45 AM
shligger is on a distinguished road

Just keep in mind that the parts and labor will probably cost more than your Blazer.

Old 02-08-2011, 07:04 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

4BT? yeah, no problem.

6BT? it'll never happen.

why? many reasons.

the engine is just too damn long for starters. plus is weighs almost double what the 4-3 does. too much torque-even in stock configuration.

you'd be better off building a tube chassis to plant the Blazer body onto, and do some major re-building of the firewall.

met a guy a few years ago that dropped a 4BT into his '85 Jimmy, and he said it wasn't something he would try again. too pricey, and a little bit of a pain.

and he worked @ a Cummins shop.

personally, i'd rather do the Brazilian 2.8 swap. but it's a RPITA trying to get one up here.

which is why i haven't done it.

Old 02-08-2011, 07:29 AM
Starting Member
97CountryJukeboxLt is on a distinguished road

you'd have more fun and get a better deal out of a 454 BBC, not to mention you'd keep it all bowtie, as stated before unless you're going 350 or 305, you'd better have someone to do the fabbing or know how to do it yourself

Search this Thread