Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Jamaroon's ZR2

Old 12-21-2011, 08:58 AM
Jamaroon has a spectacular aura aboutJamaroon has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by ohsofly
Looks good, got any leftovers from that black spray for the framerails?

What was the set of 5 KM2s worth? I wanna get some tires for my new truck, and Im considering the same M/Ts I put on my blazer, or KM2s cause they look cool.

Im kinda scared to put my dark tails on for fear of getting teased. I got some Ebay China ones that will probably get full of fog anyways.
Ya, I may paint the frame this coming summer. Everyone on ZR2USA keeps saying I should do it.

I got quoted anywhere from $210-$270 a tire for the KM2's. Obviously went with the $210 one, came to $230/tire w/ install.

I love my tails, only thing that would make them better is if they were black instead of carbon fibre. I haven't had any problems with them.

Old 12-21-2011, 10:09 PM
ohsofly will become famous soon enoughohsofly will become famous soon enough

I think Ill just get another of my Fierce Attitude tire sets again. They were 900 for 5 tires for my Blazer. I ship lesser name brand tires to some speed shops around my province and there is a surprising amount of tire brands that I didnt even know existed.

Old 12-22-2011, 12:56 PM

It all depends what you want right, I wanted 33x10.5 and there's only a few choices available in that size. I probably would have gone with Wrangler Territories if they had them in the right size. Buddy has them on his and have done really well for him, and they have the winter rating that would be nice to have.

If manitoba ever does the manditory winter tires, I'll be looking at a huge expense. I'll have to get new wheels and tires. The only sizes that would be close are on 16 or 17" rims.

Old 12-22-2011, 07:32 PM
ohsofly will become famous soon enoughohsofly will become famous soon enough

You manitabans dont have that?

My insurance company has asked me if I have winter tires of 4wd for a long time. Ive had winter skins for most vehicles anyways.

Well, check the fierce attitude M/Ts if you need winter tires. They are winter rated, and I could get you a set here for 900 bucks and truck em out if needed....

Old 01-12-2012, 06:32 PM

Update time!

Hope to have it installed withing the next 2 weeks, in time for the next off-road trip so I can test it out.

Last edited by Jamaroon; 09-19-2017 at 09:17 AM.
Old 01-12-2012, 06:59 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

Damn Jared that looks good! The locker is for the rear? You want better than the G80 I see. I'd like an E locker or ARB air locker for the front.
If you want those front tow plates powder coated, let me know. I might make a set at work & bring them next door to get them powder coated. I'd drill the D-ring bolts & put a cotter pin in them just for reasurrence they don't come out.
We should get together before the 28th & check out our rides. I'm sure we'd have lots to shoot the chit about.
I'll see if I can convince Jonathan (streblo) to stop massaging his gf so she'll take vids of him in his ZR2 lol & come out.

Last edited by Rottidog; 01-12-2012 at 07:02 PM.
Old 01-12-2012, 07:19 PM

Ya, it's for the rear. I'd love something for the front too, unfortunately they don't make anything other than the lockrite for the front. And these front ends don't hold up too well to them.

I'd say we should meet up, but I'm going to be busy the next couple weekends and then it's the run.

I might be interested in getting them coated, what kind of cost you think?

Old 01-12-2012, 09:52 PM
BF Veteran

Well it depends how hard you drive it with the front locker. In my view I'd only use it for crawling, deep snow or pulling someone out - all at low speeds/revs. I wouldn't use the front locker for heavy bombing around where it could get torqued back on the diff. But it's on a switch so it would be at my choice.
Honestly the cost to get 4 of those blocks coated say a matte or semi gloss black (or whatever color they have going through the stages that week) = SFA!

The guy that owns the company & I get along well & I don't see him charging me for a couple small pieces of the same color they have going through the line.
That's chemical cleaning, rinsing, primer, coating & baking. If there is a lot of rust they may have to sandblast & if they do, that may cost $15 or so.

Old 01-12-2012, 10:00 PM

well ya, a selectable would be better for the front, I would consider that, but like I said, no one makes one. and a full time locker in the front just isn't a good idea for a daily driver with a weak front end.

that's quite the deal, let me know if it works out, and when they might be doing black

Old 01-12-2012, 10:10 PM
BF Veteran

Have to have selectable for the front on a DD. I thought ARB makes one for our setup, maybe even eaton's E Locker?

They do matte & semi gloss all the time. I'll ask but he'll say drop em off & by the end of the day or next day they'll be done.
Let me know when you can have them removed, I'll ask him when's good & a day or 2 I can have them back to you.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Jamaroon's ZR2