Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Medeiros 98 ZR2 Build

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2012, 11:57 PM
Beginning Member
AleroBlazer is on a distinguished road

soooo update!! got the lights wired up!! so here they are on at night! so excited

-all of them on
http://i859.photobucket.com/albums/a...2/DSC_0416.jpg
-from the front
http://i859.photobucket.com/albums/a...2/DSC_0415.jpg

- just the fog lights
http://i859.photobucket.com/albums/a...2/DSC_0417.jpg

-the tailgate LED light
-Breaking
http://i859.photobucket.com/albums/a...2/DSC_0422.jpg
-Reverse
http://i859.photobucket.com/albums/a...2/DSC_0425.jpg

thanks for checking out my ZR2

Old 09-07-2012, 12:15 AM
420Blazin4X4 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by AleroBlazer
hey guys, so i've been around for awhile ( never really post, just search up the info i need, and ill say its a very very helpfully site, i'd like to say thanks to the site, and to everyone that helps everyone else ) back on topic, i've never started or done a build thread, so i figure with the way the blazer has come along, it was time!!!

first, i'll say that i didnt take pics as i was doing things, didnt think to! lol just jumped into the projects and fixed things lol but i will take some pics of what the blazer looks like as of now

list so far:

-Bought and installed Flowmaster 40 series muffler and a gibson 3" tip 105$ / 40$ had my brother do up the welding, he's a mechanic

-Bought and installed an auto start 55$ from canadian tire, then have to buy a little black box for 100$ ( needed it so it wouldnt mess with the transmission, something with it not shifting because of the auto start ) had to get help from my brother

-Bought MSD spark plug wires 8.5mm with E3 plugs ( dont remember the prices )

-Bought and installed trailer class 3 hitch 150$ dad and i put it in

-Bought a roof basket from princess auto, able to hold 250lbs, only weighs 21lbs!!! :O aluminum so no rust! 100$ on sale 50% off!! easy to put on yourself

-Bought and fixed a used brush guard for 125$ from kijiji, sanded it down painted it flat black with rust paint, then sprayed over it with some rubberized rock guard ( i was very happy with this deal and the turn out! ) brother and i put it on, had to make a few new wholes

-Bought and installed a kenwood deck and speakers all around, about 650ish$ i think. was proud of myself because i did the install myself, and i have never done this before, turned out good i think

-The deck is a Kenwood excelon KDC-X696/ has bluetooth, USB, AUX port, love it
-Speakers are kenwood, dont remember which kind

-Bought a cold air intake with a K&N cone 65$ off of ebay!! easy install

-Sanded down the tire carrier and painted it flat black 8$ for the rattle can lol / also had to get new plastic peices for the arm, it had a lot of play in it 18$ for 2

-Sanded down and painted the back bumper and corner peices ( was scratched and peeling ) flat black as well

-fixed the rattle of the plastic parts inside example: around the back speakers, and back hatch ( used the sticky foam peices )

-Bought and installed a gauge cluster off of ebay 25$
You mentioned that you sanded down your tire carrier/ also had to get new plastic pieces for the arm due to alot of play...Are you reffering to the plastic sleeves that the hinge pins go through and hold the gate to the side mounts? If so could you let me know where you got these and what size you used...What exactly am I looking for..I had to burn mine out as my gate was so stuck and wouldnt swivel at all... I have been looking online and cant seem to find any pics of the sleeves to see what I am looking for to fix this..I really want to get my tire carrier on my 4dr plaese any info would help me out man...Oh and awesome ride...You have the roof basket I looked at a few times..I wasnt to sure on it but it looks good...I may have to get that one after all...

Old 09-07-2012, 11:15 AM
Beginning Member

420Blazin4X4- thanks, and yeh thats what i meant. the only place that i could find them was at the dealership, couldnt find them online or anything at stores. 18$ for 2 of them i believe, and its only one size. when i told them they asked for my vin and truck info and what i needed, printed out the paper of the back of the truck blown apart so i could point out what i needed. they let me keep the paper for next time hope that helps!!

Old 09-07-2012, 04:01 PM

Thanks man...I dont have the ZR2 model so thats not gonna be as easy for me to have them just bring it up by VIN number...Do you by chance think you could send me a pic of the sheet with the parts if its not to much trouble...

Old 09-07-2012, 04:16 PM

Never mind man thanks though...I found a schematic online that gives me all the parts numbers... Dunno if this may help anyone else or not but here is the link.. GMC Sonoma & Chevy S-10 Transfer Case Vacuum Switch

I dont know why the link is saying Vacuum switch as it takes you to a page about the rear tire carrier...

Old 09-26-2012, 02:19 PM
Beginning Member
Old 11-04-2012, 04:49 PM
Beginning Member
02blazerLT is on a distinguished road

Awesome zr2. Love the lights on the basket with the quick disconnect. Can you tell me a little more how you ran the wires for them? Thanks

Old 11-05-2012, 12:49 PM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by 02blazerLT
Awesome zr2. Love the lights on the basket with the quick disconnect. Can you tell me a little more how you ran the wires for them? Thanks
sure, what would you like to know really? the whole setup?

i ran the wires in sets of two, outer two and inner two. grounded it above the headliner, ran it down the a piller to the lower centre console. where i put a 6 fuse, fuse box and 3 relays for the switches. ( lots of space there cause use to be the cassette player there) the quick disconnect up top is a gm connector with rubber grommets at the connections so rain, snow or mud, nothing will get to it hope that helped!

Old 12-07-2012, 09:37 AM
Asuryan9 is on a distinguished road

Hey man love the truck. Where did you get that roof rack and what kind of lights are you using?

Old 12-08-2012, 01:36 PM
dustinhxc is on a distinguished road

looks awesome man gotta love the 2 doors!

Quick Reply: Medeiros 98 ZR2 Build