Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

My small 96 Blazer build

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2011, 09:32 AM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

ohsofly I get what you mean but that would kinda of defeat the purpose of doing it with the cable. The 4x4 buttons are still pushed to engage the transfer case but the cable engages the gears. The vaccum system is the most failure prone portion of the system and thats why I removed it. But also if you were to add the electric cyl it would add another component that could fail. Don't get me wrong I like your idea and I'm not saying the cable can't or won't fail either I just feel like its the most secure way to accomplish what is needed. If you ever get around to doing it though please let us all know about it on hear I would love to see it done!

Old 12-27-2011, 10:57 AM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

I got my roof rack for xmas from my father in law!!!! I got it mounted yesterday I love it!!! Due to slight miscomunication between my wife and father in law my bedliner for the rockers did not arrive in time but it should be here this week so then I will have to find time to get that done. Time is tight right now with a baby due in the next 5 weeks so I hope I can get it done before he comes. Heres some pics..

Old 12-27-2011, 10:59 AM
TheRandom1 has a spectacular aura aboutTheRandom1 has a spectacular aura about

Looks good!

Old 12-27-2011, 04:26 PM
BF Veteran
CraigSnedeker will become famous soon enoughCraigSnedeker will become famous soon enough

That looks HOT! What kind of rack is it?

Old 12-27-2011, 05:01 PM
Super Moderator

Thanks guys. CraigSnedeker It's a Surco 4560. Which just means it's 45"x60".

Old 12-27-2011, 06:02 PM
BF Veteran
CraigSnedeker will become famous soon enoughCraigSnedeker will become famous soon enough

Thanks!

Old 12-27-2011, 08:38 PM
Brian_D will become famous soon enoughBrian_D will become famous soon enough

look forward to seeing pics of the application of the liner.

clean truck man!!

Old 12-27-2011, 08:46 PM
Super Moderator

Thanks man! I will defiantly take photos along the way it's a two to three day process according to their instructions so it should be fun to do. I'll get them up a soon as I get started!!

Old 12-28-2011, 09:01 AM
Super Moderator

Well its not really any progress but I did pick up my upper ball joints yesterday. I will be getting the lowers next week but I am spacing them out (1) because at $75 ea they are expensive and (2) because Advance has their spend $100 save %15 and get $50 towards a future purchase of $100. With that I am saving almost $150 on the parts I need to redo my front end including all the ball joints and CA bushings. I'm hoping they keep this sale ongoing from time to time it really saves alot of money. I paid $22 for my wheel hub thanks to this sale. Its a Moog as well (I think) and it has a lifetime warranty. As soon as I get the rest of the parts in I will be doing the install. I'm going to do shackles and t-bar crank at that time as well. I figure I may as well wait and do it all at once so I only have to have one alignment even tho I will pay for the lifetime. I am also going to flip my upper ball joints and see how that goes with the crank and all. They are lifetime replacement so what do I have to lose besides a bit of my time.

Old 12-30-2011, 01:12 PM
Super Moderator

Not much progress today just gave it a bath in hopes that my bedliner arrived at the wifes office today and I got my new sticker and sticked it on LOL!! I think I may reorder it in reverse so its the letters and not the outline.

Quick Reply: My small 96 Blazer build